Clouds as thoughts ?

Sharla

Sometimes when i look at this card i see a head in the clouds like being uncertain of things because your heads in the clouds.... which is down to your thoughts so another meaning i now want to start using for clouds is something your thinking about / something that's in your thoughts.

So for example sun + clouds could be happy thoughts, positive thinking.
cross + clouds = bad depressing thoughts, maybe even suicidal.

So just wondered if anyone else used clouds for this, and im just the last to click on lol ?

ana luisa

That is a NEAT way of looking at clouds although I would not assign a combo like sun+clouds a positive reading. But I absolutely get your point. If I used them for thinking, I would see them for hazy thinking, uncertainty or as a warning signal. I also used it for pollution, smoking and/or respiratory problems. It's one of those VERY maleable cards in the Lenormand !:)

Sharla

That is a NEAT way of looking at clouds although I would not assign a combo like sun+clouds a positive reading. But I absolutely get your point. If I used them for thinking, I would see them for hazy thinking, uncertainty or as a warning signal. I also used it for pollution, smoking and/or respiratory problems. It's one of those VERY maleable cards in the Lenormand !:)

Yes i know what you mean about sun + clouds as not being positive, maybe the other way around though.

Hazy thinking yes :) If i see clouds next to a man/lady sometimes i would say they are a smoker. Or even Bouquet + clouds ive seen as a joint (marijuanna) before.

:D Lennies can be so cheeky sometimes.

Padma

Or even Bouquet + clouds ive seen as a joint (marijuanna) before.

:D Lennies can be so cheeky sometimes.

Hahaha! That is good one! I'll have to write that one down! :laugh:

Like Ana Luisa, I would not have thought of Sun + Clouds as happy thoughts, BUT it does depend on the deck, because some decks show the Clouds card as having a light and a dark side, and some people use the method of seeing good wherever the white side connects to another card...

Myself, I find that the white side backing to a positive card means any problems are truly short-lived, or being able to see the good or bright side of a situation. Or to be able to out-think a problem. (Especially if Key happens to be handily nearby!)

I can certainly see Clouds as head in the clouds...especially if beside the Moon, which I tend to see as a card talking about imagination. :)

Sharla

Hahaha! That is good one! I'll have to write that one down! :laugh:

Like Ana Luisa, I would not have thought of Sun + Clouds as happy thoughts, BUT it does depend on the deck, because some decks show the Clouds card as having a light and a dark side, and some people use the method of seeing good wherever the white side connects to another card...
My deck the dark side is facing to the left, so it would have to be clouds + sun for me to say that things are looking much brighter now and you are thinking more positively etc.
Myself, I find that the white side backing to a positive card means any problems are truly short-lived, or being able to see the good or bright side of a situation. Or to be able to out-think a problem. (Especially if Key happens to be handily nearby!)

I can certainly see Clouds as head in the clouds...especially if beside the Moon, which I tend to see as a card talking about imagination. :)
What you see Just Moon as imagination or "if" combined with clouds ? Just asking because i still struggle with Moon on occasions and up to now i just use it for emotions, romance and cycle's, so imagination would be a new one for me if so.

Padma

I see Moon as a card of creativity, and so that is why I see imagination with it, Sharla :) But I think there would also have to be another positive card there, like Stars, to really make me think head in the clouds. Or maybe even Child, as children are given to daydreaming rather a lot!

Even your example would work, because to me Sun + Clouds + Moon would definitely say "day (Sun) dreaming!" (Clouds, Moon) :laugh: I think I have seen Clouds and Moon in a book as traditionally meaning some kind of mental illness, though!

Moon is one of those tricky Lennie cards - can be so many things, depending what lands with it, I have seen it take tarot-like overtures and become "illusions" as well as romance, creativity, and sometimes work...