Timing in the Grand Tableau

ThtDancerGuy

Hello,

Recently, I have been faced with the struggle of determining the timing of future events in the Grand Tableau. I've read Rana George's The Essential Lenormand and in it she explains how to work with timing a little, but she doesn't explain well enough the division of time when you get a certain number of cards in the future that do not evenly split up to match the time frame you predetermined for your Tableau.

So, my question is, does anyone have a solid, tried-and-true timing method for determining the division of time for future events? For instance, if I throw the Tableau to show me three months into the future, but I get something odd-numbered like four or five cards after the significator card, how do you split up the three months' time between four or five future cards? Would you divide the number of weeks in three months (about 12 weeks) by the four or the five time signs? Or do you predetermine the amount of time that a time sign will indicate?

P.S. Didn't mention this earlier, but I read a time sign as the literal space in between each card, just as Rana George suggests in her book.

Village Witch

I forgot about Rana's space-between-the-cards timing method. Thanks for the reminder.

When drawing the cards for a three-month draw, I don't bother with timing. Three months is the timing. :-D

I use 4x9 spreads with the 5th card of every horizontal line as the vertical core of the read. My personal timing method is to read the first four cards of the first two horizontal rows as three months, the last four cards of the first two rows as six months, the first four cards of the third and fourth rows as nine months, and the last four cards of the third and fourth rows as twelve months.

1Eleven

Hello - there's nothing stopping you from throwing another 36 specifically for 'when' questions.

What you could do is then look at the topic/subject (ie,Heart-Relationship) and the house it landed in and base your timing around that. This has helped me isolate the questions and clarify a bit more.

Hope this helps.

1Eleven

Also, Caitlin Matthews has a nice chapter on timing and time tables in her book.