rohrig deck - book

rostie

i have this deck already for a while now and would like to have an accompagnying (don't know the exactly word) book

i searched for the book with the rohrig deck and found two books:
one from us games system
published in 09/01/1997
and the author is carl rohrig himself
(isbn: 1572810718)

and another one from bluestar communications corporations published 03/01/1997
and the author here is Francesca Marzano-Fritz (it's translated by Howard Fine)
(isbn: 1885394187)

has anyone a book from this deck, if yes wich one, and did you find it a good one? would you advise to have it? wich one is the best do you think?

thank you very much!!!

with love,

sara.

Emily

Hi rostie,

I'm waiting for the Rohrig deck and book to come in the next couple of days, I also noticed that there were two versions of the book and ended up ordering the Bluestar one because the cards were the Bluestar publishing company version and not the US Games version . I'll let you know if the book is ok when I get it, and hopefully it'll match the Bluestar version deck.

I'm not sure if the US Games version Rohrig is any different but I didn't want to take the chance by ordering the wrong version book.

divinerguy

I have the book written by Francesca Marzano-Fritz. The illustrations are very high quality, rivalling the deck itself.

However, the book is somewhat lacking in explanations of the images drawn by Rohrig.

If you're looking for a book to help you understand the meanings of the images, I'm aware of no book which accomplishes this task.

Khatruman

I have the same experience as divinerguy... the book has some interesting observations about the majors, but very little that you wouldn't get in the LWB about the minors. Most of the book is full sized, full color renderings of the cards, which to me is pointless if I have the cards there in the first place.

Peace!

Emily

The Rohrig deck and book came the other day.

I'm really pleased with the deck, it looks like its going to be hard work using it but its a feel good deck and there is alot going on in the scenes of the cards, some of which isn't written about in the book.
I think I have to agree with divinerguy and Khartuman, the book does go into alot of detail with the Majors but not with the Minors - in fact with the Minors its exactly the same as the LWB and the spreads are the same.
I'm glad I sent for the book, if only to get a brief idea of what the artist/Rohrig saw in the cards, but I think I will let the cards tell me and work it from there. The photo's in the book are amazing though, full colour/size copies of the originals lol :)