living the tarot

Lilliana

I was wondering if anyone else here has read "Living the tarot" by Amber Jayanti.

I picked it up from the library, and it's quite good. It deals with the major arcana only, and focusses more on the deeper spiritual side of the tarot rather than the divination aspect.

lilli

amyel

Hi Lilli..it must be an earth thing...:)

I have this book and I have read through it. I haven't actually tried any of the exercises outlined in it, though. But I find whenever I open it up and look through it, it strikes a cord with me. I particularly like the personal experiences she records, because she relates them to real situations and I find I understand how the cards apply to different situations.

I remember after reading this book the first time, I wanted there to be one for the minor and court arcana. Perhaps 13's lessons are the answer!

Thanks for reminding me that I have this book, Lilli. I had posted a response under 13's Tarot basics about least liked cards - for me it is the Chariot - and when I opened this book today in response to your post - it opened to the Chariot. Reading though the experiences I see I have been too "closed" to accept the lesson of the Chariot.

jmd

Living the Tarot, by Amber Jayanti, is another pro-BOTA book, and thus includes both Case's strengths and weaknesses.

If you are already taken by BOTA or Case type decks, then I agree that it is quite good.

Lilliana

amyel- (it probably is an earth thing :)

I haven't tried any exercises yet either, but I like how the book looks at each card in depth. The personal experiences are good too. I don't really mind that it doesn't go over the minor and court cards, as I have a good working knowledge of these.

jmd- I don't own a BOTA deck, but have found the book helpful anyway.

Lilli

Hummingbird

OK, am I the only one using it as it should be? You do the numerology and then POOF you have a year card to help guide you....

Laurel

Back in my BOTA stage, I really liked this book. There are still some underlying principles that guide me and I think its a very optimistic and gentle way of approaching tarot spirituality.

One of the things I like is the idea of application and integration rituals of cards and the rather broad ideas suggested in Living The Tarot. I did a few, but don't really remember the results... they're lost in some journal somewhere. lol.

~LAS

Phoenix

Since there happens to be a third post on "Living The Tarot" that I had not seen yesterday, I am closing this thread as well. Please post there in the future.

Thank you for your co-operation.
~Phoenix
Co-Moderator, Tarot Books and Media