Crystal Visions, Lovers, and Haters

Miss Divine

I call it my bubble gum deck because of all that pink. It's cute and very easy to read with, but it lives in my tarot drawer mostly unused. I think this deck is great for teenagers, not really for me.

Le Fanu

I think it's great when people embrace their inner whatever (in this case pink-loving teenage girl) via tarot decks. The wonderful thing about tarot is how it enables you to inhabit another universe of your choice, wallow deep and lose yourself a little.

I wonder if any men have ever bought or read with this deck?

teawoman

Barbie and Ken. Disney. All faces the same, all shapes the same, all ages the same.
I trimmed it to see if that would help. Maybe a tad.
And yet, I haven't given it away and probably won't!

Celtictarot

I do love the art of this deck, but I am finding readings can be a bit hit and miss with the deck sometimes for me. I do want to get the extended book though! This is my girly deck! LOL

frac_ture

I think it's great when people embrace their inner whatever (in this case pink-loving teenage girl) via tarot decks. The wonderful thing about tarot is how it enables you to inhabit another universe of your choice, wallow deep and lose yourself a little.

I wonder if any men have ever bought or read with this deck?

I'm a man, and I bought it a few years ago now...although while I do like it, I can't say that I actually pull it out and read with it all that much. I agree that sometimes the limbs of some of the people and horses in the images look odd: too short, or lying at angles that real human and horse limbs can't actually manage (not without something going horribly, painfully off the rails). I like the soothing colors of it, though, and the overall vibe. It's one of those decks that does allow me to embrace my inner teenaged girl, and I freely admit to doing that with several other decks, too: the Tarot of the Sweet Twilight is my favorite for this. Also arguably in this category for me are the Fey Tarot, and even the Tarot of a Moon Garden (which is maybe not even pitched old enough for teenagers, and is more like a grade school girl's deck...yet I still have it, even if it's another one I almost never bust out and use).

Citrin

THUMBS UP!!!

I loooove the Crystal Visions! :) I find it easy to read with, beautiful, and well done. Yeah, I pretty much love everything about it! It might be "pink" or whatever, but I feel like the "dark cards" are still dark enough and still can give that message.

lalalibra

The wonderful thing about tarot is how it enables you to inhabit another universe of your choice, wallow deep and lose yourself a little.

Well said!! :)

It might be "pink" or whatever, but I feel like the "dark cards" are still dark enough and still can give that message.

Yes, good point! It is a "pink" sort of deck - and yet it doesn't shy away from blood in the Swords suit, for example - so it hasn't ever been a fluff deck for me either... Another thing I love about this deck (that suit in particular, I mean) are the crows.

Also wanted to mention the unknown card. I really like that she included one. I've used this deck a lot, but I've only ever gotten that card once.

My only gripe about the deck is the white borders. It would have looked so much better with a purple or black, or borderless. I've been wanting to trim mine forever, but I'm nervous about botching it.

MagsStardustBlack

Just ordered this deck.

I haven't yet received this deck but i am very excited about it. I have looked at the images online so i am fairly aware of the artwork style.

I looked at this deck last year but i didn't buy it because i was looking for something else at the time.

But this time round it has really appealed to me. I feel like the deck has an 80's fantasy feel and reminds me of my childhood and such films as Legend (Tom Cruise) Labyrinth (Bowie) and The Dark Crystal by Henson and Lucas.

The pinks and purples are reminiscent of this era and the style of the artwork too, i remember Gem and other cartoons Dungeons and Dragons and Thunder Cats ect. I was a child of the 80's so this style and colours of art feel familiar for me.

As for the art work. i feel the artist is very skilled. I think sometimes people don't know or appreciate how hard it is to actually draw any human form and make it look good, i know how hard it is because i love painting and drawing and it is very hard to get it right. But this style the artist has used is her stamp, her style. I wouldn't for example look at abstract human form images and say 'well they look like my six year old could have drawn them'. I feel that when i look at these images these characters are gateways. I can look at the image and i get visions of the same world in reality, the characters have so much depth, if you look past the simplicity and into the energies.

Amy Brown has similar art work and she has done very well.

I would have been delighted if she however put boarders on the cards, intricate and delicate and em maybe gilded edges. If she created a special edition with boarders and gilded i would snap it up. Even some holographic or glitter would have been really nice. Is she on AT???? I think she should consider my ideas ;)

brightest blessings

Mags

RoseNocturnalia

I bought this deck last year and it's become one of my favourites. I agree the art is a little bit saccharine and the artist's skills are lacking in areas, but to me that's part of it's charm. It looks like something I would have loved as a young girl, so I enjoy that nostalgic feel :)