The month of May and the May New Moon, 5/12/02

AquarianGoddess

Are we having fun yet? Hold on to your wig and false teeth (and just for the record, I don't have either, lol), May is here and cosmically speaking, it's a doozy.

Even though the Sun is in Taurus for most of May, the sign Gemini is in the spotlight with Mercury, Venus (until the 20th), Mars (until the 27th), Saturn, North Node, the Moon on the 13th, 14th and 15th and the Sun (beginning on the 21st) are all occupying the Twins' domain. Gemini is a changeable and loquacious sign with ants in its' pants who can't sit still. We're in motion, gathering information, spreading the news, networking, learning, thinking and re-thinking. It's a time of decisions and changing one's mind is the norm this month.

Lovely Venus and sexy Mars are conjunct (in Gemini) for most of the month (within a five-degree orb) and exact on May 10th/11th. Love is in the air…but it's intellectual love, falling in love with someone's mind, high IQ, humor and quick wit. But wait, the plot thickens…Venus and Mars will also conjunct Saturn/North Node and oppose Pluto/ South Node (in Sagg). Venus likes harmony, Mars likes action and aggression, Saturn likes reality and respect and Pluto loves intensity and IS the transformer. This quartet can play out in a myriad of ways, some of which are: dissolving a relationship that's already floundering; awakening to the fact that the person you're with is not the one with whom you wish to spend the rest of your life; encountering the true love of your life in a fated way; falling in love with someone who up to now, was just a friend and lastly and most unfortunately, trying to get away from someone who just doesn't want to let go. Unrequited love can be in the news all too often. Mars opposite Pluto, astrologically speaking, is BIG egos, BIG power plays and can be BIG anger. I hope that you won't encounter any of that nonsense. Venus also rules money and if money (or lack thereof) has been an issue in your life, or your relationship, this is the month that you'll either be forced to file bankruptcy, or to get a second job to pay the bills.

Mercury spends the entire month in Gemini (its' ruling sign) and retrogrades on May 15th through June 7th. We're going back over, not to be regretful, but to redress, respond, repair and remedy. The trine Mercury makes to Neptune in Aquarius will not become exact due to Mercury's retrogradation and is considered a refranation*, meaning everything isn't quite what it seems. Is it real or is it Memorex? With Neptune, one is seldom sure. Intuition isn't paramount now, but instead is a gnawing factor. You're sensing something, but aren't sure of what it is. There's a chance that on June 24th, when Mercury and Neptune do form an exact trine (and Mercury is out of the shadow of the retrograde), whatever it is will be elucidated (there's also a lunar eclipse on that day.) Mercury in Gemini also likes to talk, talk, talk…but we must remember that we also have ears and ears are for listening…we can learn a behemoth amount just by being attentive to what others' are saying.

The New Moon on the 12th at 21 degrees of Taurus (Sun and Moon are conjunct) is square (90 degrees) revolutionary, unpredictable Uranus (and I ask, do we really need more fireworks this month? Well, apparently the Universe thinks so.) Taurus is an earth and fixed sign that doesn't like change, Uranus on the other hand, revels in change. The pressure is on high. Issues of security, money, self-worth and self-respect are in the forefront. Many of us are being forced to take inventory of our lives (and have been since last July, the start of the Saturn/Pluto opposition) and are now more aware of changes that we must make. A good way to spend the New Moon in Taurus day (and to unite with our innermost thoughts) is to connect with the Earth and with nature, digging in the dirt, planting, bird watching, picnicking, taking a walk in the park, breathing in the fresh air, smelling the flowers and appreciating all the beauty that surrounds us, while discerning that we DO have choices.
The lunar eclipse on the 26th at 5 degrees of Sagg (Sun in Gemini and Moon in Sagg are in opposition) aspects a retrograde Mercury and widely squares Uranus (out of sign**). This is also the day of the third and final exact Saturn/Pluto opposition. Every degree of the mutable signs (Pisces, Virgo, Gemini and Sagg) is highlighted. Venus and Jupiter are in Cancer and Mars is trine Uranus, ready to go void then make its' ingress into Cancer. Venus is opposite Chiron***; a healing is possible, but will take mammoth effort. The cosmic landscape is changing from a lot of "air" to a lot of "water". Our feelings now are extra sensitive and being exacerbated by the full Moon. In the US, it's Memorial Day weekend and generally a heavily traveled time. Patience, which may be in short supply, is a virtue and especially needed while on the roads. It's a day to try to chill out, perhaps sunning and having fun by the water, or doing something else that's enjoyable.

In my view, the last nine months can be summed up in one word…RESPECT…and there isn't enough of it going around. Do we respect ourselves and allow ourselves to be respected? Are we respecting others' although they're a different color, a different religion or have different beliefs? Just something to think about.

Between now and the end of June (the end of the Saturn/Pluto opposition), many of us will be asking ourselves the question, "where do I go from here?" The good news is…YES, there is life after Saturn/Pluto (more on this next month).

May God/Goddess keep you safe, happy and healthy through all the days of May.

Love, Hugs and Blessings to All,

Aquarian Goddess

*Refranation is when a planet is applying to an aspect (any aspect) with another planet and it doesn't become exact due to one planet retrograding, or one of the planets changing signs.

**An "out of sign" aspect is when one planet is at the early degrees of a sign and the second planet is at the late degrees of a sign and the two aspect by degree, but not my sign. Example: the full Moon at 5 Sagg is squaring (90 degrees) Uranus at 28 degrees of Aquarius, by a seven degree orb (the actual aspect is 97 degrees).

***Chiron is an asteroid, known as the "wounded healer" and is currently transiting Capricorn.

Pollux

*he rushes forth*

HOOOORAYYYYYYYYY!!! I MADE IT!!!!
I'll be the first to compliment again!!!
*Pollux giggles... like an idiot...* :D

AG I JUST ADORE YOU!!! :* :* :* :* :*
I think I need some more in-depth thought though...
My situation is just getting out of control... if ever it was before!

AG Can I ask again for some personal consulence? PLEASE!!! ;)

:* :* :* :* :*

Cos she's a jolly good fellow...
(who's next, go on please!)

AquarianGoddess

Pollux, kisses to you...

Didn't you receive a personal message from me last week?

AG

aeonx

Greetings AquarianGoddess! :)
Just wanted to say that you are so great, posting this every month! :D Just printed it out, now I'm off to read. :p

Hugs and blessings,

~aeonx~

zorya

i am sooooo impressed!
thanks once again a.g!

Moose

Hi Aquarian Goddess,

What great information! Once again you have given us the facts with clear definitions and your wonderful insight.

I've made my copy and can't wait to read it over and over.

You continue to give us all an exciting look into the secrets of the Universe.

Thank you for giving us the whole story. I always like to know when we are about to get into that nasty Mercury Retrograde, but this month we seem to be getting an abundant share of both negative and positive.

I think I'll follow your "re" advice and do some reinventing of myself. Better get started---I have a lot to do. :)

Blessings...................Moose

isthmus nekoi

thanks again!

Wow - there's so much information. I'm going to have to read this one over carefully ^_^ Thanks a bunch AG!!

AquarianGoddess

Moose,

"Re-inventing" is a terrific word and very appropriate for the time we're living in (why didn't I think of it?) I'll have to use it in my report for June (now, will I owe you royalties?)

Glad all you guys are enjoying my report, but be aware that all astrological interpretation is subjective and we still have to use good old common sense!!

Happy Day!
AG

Moose

Paid in Full

Hi AG,

I consider you the "royalty." You're priceless.

Thanks and Blessings...................Moose

AquarianGoddess

Moose,

YOU'RE the Gem!

Have a terrific day!

AG