Crystal Grid Mats

seven stars

I'm trying to expand into Crystals. My younger daughter got me started making mandalas out of crystals, she does it for healing, I'm more into meditation & manifestation & I just like displaying them. But I'm pretty new at this. I got to thinking that it would be cool to have really pretty mats in the grid patterns so that it would be easier to lay the stones in patterns & just kind of make even the simple patterns look snazzy. I used the Flower of Life pattern for a few of the mats & the Kabbalah & 7 Chakras....I was wondering if any of you used grids & what do you look for in grids? Is it better to have as plain of a background as possible to make the stones pop or does it matter? What would be your dream grid? Or are there other kinds of accessories you haven't been able to find that you wish was out there? I don't want to be advertising in here, I'm really just hoping for ideas.

Attachments

• smaller.jpg
    smaller.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 242

celticnoodle

I'm trying to expand into Crystals. My younger daughter got me started making mandalas out of crystals, she does it for healing, I'm more into meditation & manifestation & I just like displaying them. But I'm pretty new at this. I got to thinking that it would be cool to have really pretty mats in the grid patterns so that it would be easier to lay the stones in patterns & just kind of make even the simple patterns look snazzy. I used the Flower of Life pattern for a few of the mats & the Kabbalah & 7 Chakras....I was wondering if any of you used grids & what do you look for in grids? Is it better to have as plain of a background as possible to make the stones pop or does it matter? What would be your dream grid? Or are there other kinds of accessories you haven't been able to find that you wish was out there? I don't want to be advertising in here, I'm really just hoping for ideas.

oooh, seven stars, those are very pretty! I have begun to make crystal grids myself lately--though I haven't really done anymore then just arrange my crystals on a piece of paper or on top of a dish or table top. I'm pretty new to it as well.

I would like to make one as colorful as the ones you show in these pictures. My dream grid? oh boy...I haven't really thought too much about it save to wanting many more crystals to be able to make nice grids! I do like colorful things though, and perhaps even choosing an appropriate picture or tarot card for a specific wish and put the crystals on them. I'm just thinking out loud here--so maybe a tarot card wouldn't be appropriate. Also perhaps a nice colored/colorful grid just made by the person who will be making the grid up too. I don't think it really matters what you use. Its more the power of intent. I feel like the making of a crystal grid is more like a prayer, and works as a result.

sweetcherise13

I thought I had posted here and now I see I must just be getting senile! :shhh: ;)
I'm trying to expand into Crystals. My younger daughter got me started making mandalas out of crystals, she does it for healing, I'm more into meditation & manifestation & I just like displaying them. But I'm pretty new at this. I got to thinking that it would be cool to have really pretty mats in the grid patterns so that it would be easier to lay the stones in patterns & just kind of make even the simple patterns look snazzy. I used the Flower of Life pattern for a few of the mats & the Kabbalah & 7 Chakras....
How beautiful these are SS! I love how your daughter and you share this. :thumbsup:
I find it very relaxing to set up a grid. Taking time to arrange different stones in different geometrical patterns, whatever feels right, is usually what I'll go with. It's meditative and peaceful to me.

I was wondering if any of you used grids & what do you look for in grids? Is it better to have as plain of a background as possible to make the stones pop or does it matter? What would be your dream grid? Or are there other kinds of accessories you haven't been able to find that you wish was out there? I don't want to be advertising in here, I'm really just hoping for ideas.
I have a couple of large round platters that are specifically set up in the living and dining rooms. One platter is a solid color and the other is quartered in a "four seasons" color pattern.
While some stones may pop more on the solid colored background I love my quartered one best. I think it's more of just a personal preference.
As far as my dream grid...I'm not sure.
I've done some small shadow box grids for a more permanent grid to hang in a room and I've been trying to find a glass covered shadow box coffee table to make a larger grid and expand beyond just the crystals inside. (pictures, dried flowers, herbs...)

I would like to make one as colorful as the ones you show in these pictures. My dream grid? oh boy...I haven't really thought too much about it save to wanting many more crystals to be able to make nice grids! I do like colorful things though, and perhaps even choosing an appropriate picture or tarot card for a specific wish and put the crystals on them. I'm just thinking out loud here--so maybe a tarot card wouldn't be appropriate.

I love the idea of adding the tarot card CN! Or a picture that helps state the intent of the grid! :love: