thoth question

anya

I got my thoth cards this summer, first set ever and I looked around did some research and when I found these cards and held them for the first time I felt them and they felt me......I thought maybe they had been used but the store owner assured me they were in there original plastic wrap. I am having a hard time with the cards, like i said im new, there my first set of cards is there another set you can lead me to that might be a better learning tool? Or a good place to help get the meanings of each card?

I wish I could find someone in my area to talk with me about this

thanks for all your help

skytwig

Aww, hugs.......

I use the Thoth deck and many of us here at Aeclectic do also.....

What are you having trouble with?

One thing that might be good is not doing large spreads. Start with a three card spread.....

Also, sme people recommend laying the suits out in order and looking at them and taking notes, keeping a Tarot Journal of things you learn about each card and each suit.

You can also do a Search, here at Aeclectic, using the search button at the top right of this page..... then you can seach for things like individual card meanings.... there's A TON of discussion here about Thoth cards.....

And feel free to print up the threads you find, there's a button for that at the bottom of each page.....

So, does that help?

And go ahead, ask a particular question you may have..... we're here to help you, Anya! :)

Sulis

Here's a site with meanings for each card:
http://www.angelpaths.com/working.html

If you're still having trouble have you thought of getting a deck with pictoral minors? Many people, myself included find them easier to read.

Love and light

Sulis xx

anya

thanks

yall rock!!

thank you for the info

I have a book"Beginners Guide to Tarot" by Juliet Sharman-Burke
a friend lowned it to me and it gives meanings of the cards and is somewhat helpful. I also have a book that shows laying the cards out in the ancient celtic method.. how do I do a simpler reading?

also, let me just say how helpful and great everyone is here

skytwig

Here is Thirteen's Basics, which explains each card (using RWS deck)

Also, have you tried the search button yet?..... there is loads of information just awaiting your inquiry!!

Try a search for card spreads......

1 could equal past laid out like: 1... 2.... 3....
2 could equal present
3 could equal future

or you could do

1 = what i think
2 = what I feel
3 = what i need to know

There is a recent thread of 3 card spreads... look in Tarot Spreads.

Also, check out Firemaidens index in Using Tarot Cards......

anya

thanks

thanks you for the link...

everyone is so helpful

firestorm

In case you ever want to get a book to study with that is strictly Thoth, I recommend "The Tarot Handbook" by Angeles Arrien.