Faery Guide

greenbeans

my guide/zero card is a little white-winged dark haired girl, carrying a basket and plucking a star from the night sky.

ok, she's not well-drawn, i am a pretty poor artist, but she is a much-loved guide. I used to doodle her on everything when i was younger. once she got put on a card she has found her place as a guide and not a doodle anymore!

to me she symbolises my 'flying/falling' dreams- i go through phases of dreaming two contrasting but connected dreams: the wonderful, soaring sensation of flying, and also the terrifying, swooping feeling of falling from a cliff, usually waking on the moment of death...

my guide tries to bring me balance as I explore the world of faery, allowing me to experience the extreme highs and lows of my scorpio personality, whilst keeping me grounded and creative (rather than self-destructive or decadent)

SunChariot

my faery guide

Wasn't that a great thing Brian did with the deck, leaving us a blank card to design? I find it endlessly fascinating to hear what others did. And they all sound beautiful. And yes I have seen Chronata's and I totally agree it's amazing. :grin:

Here is mine. I did not dare drew it, as I am not a great artist. But mine is meaningful to me. I scanned some photos of mine and added in the faery from a web site I found. Then I just combined all the images together in a photo finishing programme, printed the finished image on photo paper, glued it well onto the card and shellacked it

The child is me decades ago. I don't think I will say just now how many but as you can see, colour film had not yet been invented. LOL I liked the idea of adding a photo of me. I felt it really added my own personal energy to the deck. Plus it was a time in my life of course when my life and mind were full of faery tales.

The backyard was a photo of the backyard of our country house we once had and thus has personal significance and a feeling of love for me.

I like the faery there watching over me, and I do feel she is. And that she is welcoming me up to her world, Faery, to enter behind the bushes and come talk to the other faeries...

So that's my card (below)

Babs

Attachments

• Card0.jpg
    Card0.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 125

greenbeans

wow!

that is lovely! I never thought of using photos/montage but it works so well! it is great that you have found something that is so personal and magical-you get to be part of the deck itself! I am sure you have found it makes the deck effective in guidance and truly individual.

SunChariot

greenbeans said:
that is lovely! I never thought of using photos/montage but it works so well! it is great that you have found something that is so personal and magical-you get to be part of the deck itself! I am sure you have found it makes the deck effective in guidance and truly individual.
First of all thanks :grin:

Then, sure why not, you don't have to draw it, you can use whatever method of adding a picture to it that works best for you. I know I am not an artist when it comes to drawing, so I chose not to do that. The method I used worked well for me anyway. I glued it down really well of course and the shellack helps keep it down too. It's pretty solid.

At least, I hope it's individual. LOL Could you just imagine someone else with a photo of me in their decks??? That would be really strange. :grin: Seriously though, I love being "part of this deck". It has such a deep beauty to it and not just in the images but running all through it. It certainly is a part of me, it does kindof get under your skin, but of course the faeries are part of us anyway.

The faeries have always been very very good at guidance and advice for me. They just talk to me like real people, or real faeries :grin:, which of course to me they are.

Any other deck I have I just ask a question and it answers it period. My faeries are more real than that. They're not answering anything they don't want to, and they're going to tell me what I need to hear not necessarily what I want to.

Yesterday, I did a reading to ask what I need to change in myself so I can learn to be carefree as they are. (I do tend to stress). The faeries did not like the question. In the end they agreed to tell me how I can learn to be more carefree, but they would not agree to tell me what I had to change in myself first.

They did not like that part of the question and seemed to reject it outright, saying that if I go into it thinking that I need to change something in myself to get to where I need to go that is the opposite of being carefree, and is stressful. First I need to fully accept who I am, not start thinking there is something wrong I need to change. It made so much sense after they told me that. I always learn a lot from them.

Their advice is amazing like that. They're so real. I have never had a deck literally rephrase my question before! But I sensed them doing that to me. I adore this deck. It is really my favourite. Ok that and my Osho Zen. LOL They tend to tie when it comes to that.:grin:

What I have found is that this deck is so very very loving for me. They are always and unfailingly so kind, loving, very very patient and supportive. They always fully accept me even on those days I don't and some days even make me feel very protected when I need that. That could possible be because I made myself part of the deck so early on...and/or because my card has an image of a guardian angel (faery) watching over me.

The feel of the deck for me certainly reflects what I tried to create on my Faery Guide card. Do others find that to be the case too???

There's never been any of that scary stuff, as you read in Brian's Good Faeries/ Bad Faeries...no anger or revenge, no having to watch my words or actions so as not to offend them and unleash some terrible temper...If there are really any bad faeries, I certainly have not met them at all, they are all so kind. There's always been just a strong feeling of very pure love from them. And that is very much reciprocated. Did I tell you I love this deck. LOL

Babs

greenbeans

faerie love in!

SunChariot said:
If there are really any bad faeries, I certainly have not met them at all, they are all so kind. There's always been just a strong feeling of very pure love from them. And that is very much reciprocated. Did I tell you I love this deck. LOL

I agree- 'bad' and 'good' are much too human concepts for the fae! Maybe 'seelie' and 'unseelie', but these labels are complex.

Although many of the cards are dark, I wouldn't label them 'bad' or 'evil.' They are all parts of the spectrum and therefore necessary to the whole.

In folklore the fae often behaved in ways VERY unacceptable to human society...stealing children, bewitching livestock. And yet they would reward truthfulness and politeness with great generosity...they aren't like us, which may be why this deck is so unpredictable at times!

They have their own codes of proper behaviour and politeness, perhaps this is why the wording of questions is so important to them...and of course, the mischevious dears just play games with us earnest querents if they feel like it! This is one deck with a personality...well 66 personalities to be precise!

Oh, yes, I love the deck too, just a bit, lol!

SunChariot

genna said:
Later I found out there is a Celtic goddess named Rosmerta. I don´t know if there is any connection between "my" Rosmerta and the goddess.

I am sure there is. That is such an unusual name too. That is way too much to be a coincidence, and more importantly I don't believe in coincidences anyway. I think if you research the Celtic goddess Rosmerta it will teach you more about your guide. They could well be one and the same. In fact I would suspect they are. I think I heard once that a lot of the old gods and godesses exist now as faeries, or something like that.

Tell me if you think this is a coincidence??? Friday night, I was meditating with the Green Lady. I needed her help with something and she promised me to stay with me, by my side for as long as I needed her.

After I put the card away, I went to bake a cake. It needed 3 eggs. When I opened the 2nd, middle one, there were 2 yolks in it! That is so rare, and it happened like 5 minutes after the Green Lady told me that she would stay by my side as long as I needed her to. Personally, not believing in coincidence, I think that is meaningful, a confirmation of sorts. ....a two yolk egg is so very rare.

Bar

a_shikhs

Bar, that is a lovely guide.. What an innovative and a wonderful idea.. :)

SunChariot

Thank you so much. It has worked well for me as a guide, I believe the faery there said her name was Isabelle, the other day. But then she kept saying Elizabeth and laughing at my confusion. Some days the faeries don't feel like being serious. Which is a good thing for me as I tend to be somewhat too serious left to my own devices, but I am learning from them. LOL

I do hope you will be sure to let us know what you do with yours when you design it. I know I'd be looking forward to hearing. :grin:

Bar

sagewriter

i haven't managed to contact/meet my guide yet. therefore my card is still blank. and i have never drawn it in a reading :) i assume i will when i meet my faery guide. not sure how to though!

SunChariot

sagewriter said:
i haven't managed to contact/meet my guide yet. therefore my card is still blank. and i have never drawn it in a reading :) i assume i will when i meet my faery guide. not sure how to though!

For me, and maybe it will be different for you, I just looked at that card and thought...what qualities I would like a guide of mine to have, what would most inspire me, what would most connect me to the deck, what would most fulfill what the card is meant to fulfill in the deck.......Then I set out to create an image embodying all those qualities.

You could say I created her first, then met her later. :grin: But it worked for me, I can very much feel the faery magic in my card now. She feels as real as the other faeries to me now and is there if I have any questions for her.

I just very much had the feeling when I did it that no matter what I did, it would be something that was personal to me and thus would add my personal energy to the deck. And the faeries would join their energy to my energy that I had added in there. And I feel that they certainly have.

OR once you figure out what would most motivate and inspire you and connect you to the deck.... maybe try meditating on those qualiites and see what comes to mind...maybe your faery guide will just come to you when you are clear on what qualities you want her/him to have.

Just some ideas, in case they help:grin:

Babs