Knight of Swords - date?

Libra289

So my friend asked me to ask the tarot if a certain guy will ask her out. The outcome was Knight of Swords, but I really didn't know what to tell her. This card is reoccurring, I see him as someone who is determined, quick witted, blunt, but romantic?

Will he ask her out, with this as an outcome? Some say this Knight represents bad news!

beekie

I see this as he will, but it may be on a whim and unexpected.

LeFou

This knight is fast-moving, and Swords = "mental energy" (factual knowing, as contrasted with feeling, experiencing, sensing, intuiting).

So one answer is: "you'll know soon enough." He'll ride out of the shadows and make things known, with "sharp" clarity.

Libra289

I see this as he will, but it may be on a whim and unexpected.

Well he is a very fast-paced knight ... So I know what you mean by unexpected... :)
This knight is fast-moving, and Swords = "mental energy" (factual knowing, as contrasted with feeling, experiencing, sensing, intuiting).

So one answer is: "you'll know soon enough." He'll ride out of the shadows and make things known, with "sharp" clarity.

So, she'll know either way (good or bad) or he will most likely ask her out?

Grizabella

He could be one of those guys who doesn't formally ask her out. He just shows up when she's disheveled and not prepared and expects her to go to his place to "watch movies". He doesn't realize that women like to be treated as special and woo'd a little bit, especially at first.

danieljuk

he may just suddenly and spontaneously say, let's go out on a date right now! they are a whirlwind of energy! They are the kind of person though who is in a hurry and pushes the relationship or his interest on. She may need to ask him to go slower or arrange proper appointments in advance! :)

Nel

I'd say that yes, she will definitely meet someone! Someone that might come out of nowhere (or is arriving from air-travel? for example a foreigner) he'll be quick-witted, someone she can have long, meaningful and intellectual discussions with - as for romance, this man sure knows his words and how to use them, but at times his honesty might get the best of him.

So crossing my fingers for your friend who may just meet a tall, dark stranger from a foreign country ;)

QueenPen

I see this as a yes! The knight of swords is a bringer of truth. Will he ask her out? Yes he will

Libra289

He could be one of those guys who doesn't formally ask her out. He just shows up when she's disheveled and not prepared and expects her to go to his place to "watch movies". He doesn't realize that women like to be treated as special and woo'd a little bit, especially at first.

This sounds really silly, but could it mean asking her out online? I know a lot of people usually associate 8 of Wands with instant messaging, etc. but it just came to me... Fast paced (texts or messages) ... Communication that is unexpected or informal. I don't know haha! :) Yes, he seems like the adventurous 'here and now' type from what she has told me, so he'd probably just spring something on her last minute!

he may just suddenly and spontaneously say, let's go out on a date right now! they are a whirlwind of energy! They are the kind of person though who is in a hurry and pushes the relationship or his interest on. She may need to ask him to go slower or arrange proper appointments in advance! :)

I agree! Probably the type of guy to rush into things unexpectedly ... my feelings are that he may do it in a humourous and witty way, rather than romantically! :)

I'd say that yes, she will definitely meet someone! Someone that might come out of nowhere (or is arriving from air-travel? for example a foreigner) he'll be quick-witted, someone she can have long, meaningful and intellectual discussions with - as for romance, this man sure knows his words and how to use them, but at times his honesty might get the best of him.

So crossing my fingers for your friend who may just meet a tall, dark stranger from a foreign country ;)

Haha, well it was about a specific person ... he's not tall but he's not short. This guy does have brown hair though and is very funny and witty ... I think you've summed up this Knight perfectly! :)

I see this as a yes! The knight of swords is a bringer of truth. Will he ask her out? Yes he will

Yup, looks like he will ... I'm quite convinced after reading the responses. I reckon it will be very cut and dry, to the point, just like "Hello, I really like you ... would you like to meet up some time?" haha ... not much beating around the bush!
:)

Padma

A consideration to remember is that the Knight of Swords is not one to linger. He will rush into her life, upset everything, toss everything around, and then rush out! So he may well ask her for a date, but he won't be hanging around...! Not a long-term kinda guy.