Nicoletta Ceccoli's Tarot

ctrymaus

@Dark Victory It's not just you, my deck smells really strong of lacquer or something. If it's a smell sensitivity, I've got it too! That aside, I love this deck...

I keep wobbling back and forth about this deck, putting it in my Amazon cart, taking it out, back and forth. But I do have sensitivities to odors though, so it's back out again. I love the artwork, but I don't want to suffer for it.

CountryMouse

Moonmystic

It appears not every deck is like this. I wouldn't say I'm sensitive but I am an ex-smoker so that automatically pumps up odors. I've never had a deck smell like this. It's probably one particular print lot. I ordered mine last week from Amazon and got it day before yesterday. Mine have been sitting out for the past two days and they're still fragrant but I think I'll put them in a bag with an incense cone.

...don't know if I'd take it out of the cart though. They're pretty special. I would buy them and forget them away in a drawer for a while if you're concerned about the odor after the plastic is off. They have an appeal - I would personally regret not buying them if they disappear eventually.

ctrymaus

It appears not every deck is like this. I wouldn't say I'm sensitive but I am an ex-smoker so that automatically pumps up odors. I've never had a deck smell like this. It's probably one particular print lot. I ordered mine last week from Amazon and got it day before yesterday. Mine have been sitting out for the past two days and they're still fragrant but I think I'll put them in a bag with an incense cone.

...don't know if I'd take it out of the cart though. They're pretty special. I would buy them and forget them away in a drawer for a while if you're concerned about the odor after the plastic is off. They have an appeal - I would personally regret not buying them if they disappear eventually.

Hmm. Maybe. I'll think on it. :)

CountryMouse

Serenia

I received my deck, eventually. I'm pretty sensitive to odours myself, but mine doesn't smell at all!

Amsonia

I just got mine from Amazon, it does smell.

I have them all laid out to air out, don't know if it will help.

Smells like chemicals, or the plastic coating or something...it is not a nice smell for sure.

Le Fanu

I love this deck - forget the smell - there really is more to this deck than a possible smell. I can imagine people deciding to pass on this deck because of all this hoo-hah over the smell, which would be silly.

This deck is so rich and sinister and sweet. It really pokes at the imagination. it is full of tensions and surreal juxtapositions, of unsettling sensations and delicate details.

One of LoS' best decks in my opinion of the last few years. It really works as tarot, regardless of the source of the images. I have been reaching for it a lot since I got it. I really hope this deck doesn't get remembered as a deck that launched a "yes it smells," "no it doesn't" debate, and nothing more.

ctrymaus

Le Fanu,

It's not just about a possibly unpleasant smell, for me; it's about whether I'm going to have serious headaches or other reactions using the deck or having to air it out for six months before I can even look at it. I know, I'm an exception; but I'm glad people have talked about this so I can be warned off something that might be bad for me.

And yes, I even have the matching tarot bag for it--I bought it months ago. Maybe in another printing, the deck might be better.

CountryMouse

lightpers

Ctrymaus : It must be painful for you to avoid deck that has chemical smell , it is a lovely deck, and i must say that i am weird though i like the smell of the deck :>

Amsonia

I took the deck, and spread each card out individually on the bed for 24 hours...95% of the smell is gone...

That bodes very well for anyone that is hesitant about the smell, it definitely dissipates quickly once unwrapped and spread out. I have sensitivities to chemicals and I'm confident that after only 24 hours the deck will be fine for me, and it is really cute. I'll probably leave it out a couple more days, in a stack, not spread out all over the bed, but it is really cute, the art is very amazing!

Citrin

This deck is so rich and sinister and sweet. It really pokes at the imagination. it is full of tensions and surreal juxtapositions, of unsettling sensations and delicate details.

One of LoS' best decks in my opinion of the last few years. It really works as tarot, regardless of the source of the images. I have been reaching for it a lot since I got it.

May I ask how you find this deck in readings? :) Do you use it intuitively, or go by the LWB or RWS-meanings? What makes me hesitant is that I'm not sure I would find it useful, and I really don't want another "art deck"...