If another Transparent - what would you like?' split from: The Transparent Tarot is HERE!!!

shadowdancer

To be honest I would prefer another tarot deck. As the images are very diluted and sparce for obvious reasons, we do have the knowledge of the tarot system as our starter for 10.

Oracles do not have any basis or structure, so that combined with very basic imagery might not lead to cohesive readings. I think I would therefore be reliant on any accompanying book which defeats the object of your decks.

Just my two pennyworth.

Also agree with previous comments re courts.

Very exciting for you though Em!!

inanna_tarot

Sidhe-Ra said:
A question: If there was to be another Transparent deck, either tarot or Oracle, what would you like to see?

Em x

Oh yes yes yes!

an oracle thats the same card size as the TT so we can use them both together :D

Uhoh - I can see rodney's deck becoming VERY big with 2 TTs and 2 TO (transparant oracles see what i did there eh?) together lol.

Sidhe-Ra

shadowdancer said:
To be honest I would prefer another tarot deck. As the images are very diluted and sparce for obvious reasons, we do have the knowledge of the tarot system as our starter for 10.

Oracles do not have any basis or structure, so that combined with very basic imagery might not lead to cohesive readings. I think I would therefore be reliant on any accompanying book which defeats the object of your decks.

Just my two pennyworth.

Also agree with previous comments re courts.

Very exciting for you though Em!!

I totally see your point here, but I can't for the life of me see how I could do another Transparent Tarot that would work as well as the other and be different enough to be worth doing! It's TOUGH on the BRAIN getting those cards to get on....

So the situation is that Schiffer don't want to publish the Sidhe just yet, as they are more keen on building on the excitement around the T.T. with another Transparent deck.

It IS very exciting to be asked to do this, but also very daunting. The T.T was a gift, a jolt of inspiration- not something that can be replicated! I just have to hope the inspiration will come again.

Re the Court cards, I would love to bring out little 'booster' packs with alternatives for some of the cards. A possibility that Ruth Ann Amberstone suggested...

So, the Oracle MAY end up being compatible with the T.T, which would be my second favourite idea. What I really want to do is a CIRCULAR transparent oracle, which gets out of the usual box completely! It also gives me a bit more creative space to do interesting things with images, making mandala-type patterns...

I'll start a new thread when I know where to put it- Tarot Creation or Oracle decks?

Love to all,

Em xx

Sidhe-Ra

Sinduction said:
I don't know much about shamanism but I will closely follow the creation thread! :D

I'm so excited!

The more I think about it, the more elemental and natural, and less overtly shamanic it becomes...I want it, like the T.T. to be as universal as possible. I think the shamanic concepts of Upper World, Middle World and Underworld would be good to explore with a deck of this nature, and I would so love to include the odd mythical beast!