Anybody here thought to try this option?

blackroseivy

PlainCards, to be exact. I'm thinking it would be wonderful to pay $16.95 for the printing program, and the rest of the cost all being toward the cardstock and printer ink. I'm seriously considering literally making my own cards, getting the type that you coat yourself (oh yeah, that one more thing to add to the cost - gonna take a few cans!). This way I could print anything from 5 to 100 - I don't have to worry about being landed with far more decks than I could possibly sell. What do folks think out there?

celticnoodle

well...I'd think it would be time consuming and with your time being worth money, it still may pay to have them printed by a professional company. however, I've never had to do this, so what do I know? :D

blackroseivy

As you know I don't work, and big companies cost THOUSANDS of dollars!! It's the only option I can really afford, you know?

blackroseivy

Thanks so much for posting a link, now why didn't I think of that?? :p haha

Chronata

Been there. Done that. Serious pain in the ass.

Getting the printer to line them up properly ...every time...was a logistical nightmare.

I'd say it was actually easier printing on regular card stock and hand cutting thousands of cards.

Which I must also admit...not an ideal solution.

blackroseivy

Ah, well, I've used the software before and I'm willing to put in the work. It IS my work, after all! All I do is create things. On the other hand, does anyone know of a printing company that will do Tarot cards for a reasonable price? I'm open to suggestions!

If I were to do this program, I'd do like 5 decks at a time, I don't think that would be so terribly difficult.

tarotbear

Sent pm with info for Game Crafter and Make Playing Cards ...

blackroseivy

Thank you, no minimum order, just what I wanted! :D

JOdel

Make Playing Cards is where I had mine printed. They did a beautiful job. I can't see any color shifts, and the darker images didn't muddy up. The lighter ones didn't wash out either. (Plus they take both RGB and CMYK files in any of a good half-dozen standard graphics formats. So pretty much anyone's software can produce something they can use.)

You do have to take the project digital to build your final files for submission. They have a template for the individual card layout. It's a good idea to download the template first so you will have the proper target porportions. You can work larger and reduce to fit, but you need to have an idea of the final height to width ratio.