Inklings of the 'Tarot of the Sidhe'

Arania

The Chariot is fantastic. That's the first time ever this particular card has truly fascinated me. Most chariots are so... static, dead... PREDICTABLE. This one isn't, it's all motion and change within stability.

And yes, the unity of daark and light comes over well.

Sidhe-Ra

Wow, thank you, Arania, that is a great compliment, considering how many decks you have!

For anyone who's interested there is a slideshow available of all my cards so far here: http://ecarding.photosite.com/

Blessings,

Em :)

(Working on the Tower as we speak)

WhiteRaven

I like this concept very much.....

Our individual light from within breaks through the the mask we've carried ....which usually entails a complete break down of one's foundations to rebuild the strength of the light within.

I really like this......very good Sidhe Ra!

Sidhe-Ra

I'm so glad it comes across! You're spot on- thank you White raven! :)

temperlyne

as usual, its a perfect representation of what I think the card is all about! I love following your process.

BTW what medium do you use?

Sidhe-Ra

Thank you! I'm so glad you like my deck, as I think yours is excellent- when will we see more?

I use ink, watercolour, and chalk pastel,(with occasional tiny bits of digital fiddling when needed!)

Blessings,

Em

temperlyne

Sidhe-Ra said:
Thank you! I'm so glad you like my deck, as I think yours is excellent- when will we see more?

Hopefully in the course of nest week I will finish the hermit. The first 2 layers of paint are done and drying. I switched from acrylic to oils because it gives me more time... but alas it takes more time too.

Lurea

I was just commenting in another thread how much I like the Tower in the Housewives' Tarot (showing a housewife in a gelatin mold) precisely because of the glimspe of hope it gives. In too many decks, the Tower is unrelievedly dark~all about destruction. Then I check this thread and find a Tower with hope, light and destruction! Wonderful! I love it!!

One caveat~ I didn't realize the flying debris was a mask until I read White Raven's comment. You might try to make that clearer. Otherwise, fabulous!

Sidhe-Ra

temperlyne said:
Hopefully in the course of nest week I will finish the hermit. The first 2 layers of paint are done and drying. I switched from acrylic to oils because it gives me more time... but alas it takes more time too.

Ah, yes, that's the trouble with oils- I'm far too impatient for them!

Lurea said:
I was just commenting in another thread how much I like the Tower in the Housewives' Tarot (showing a housewife in a gelatin mold) precisely because of the glimspe of hope it gives. In too many decks, the Tower is unrelievedly dark~all about destruction. Then I check this thread and find a Tower with hope, light and destruction! Wonderful! I love it!!

One caveat~ I didn't realize the flying debris was a mask until I read White Raven's comment. You might try to make that clearer. Otherwise, fabulous!

Thank you! :)

I'll see if there's some way to make the mask clearer- points like that are always useful, even if I end up doing nothing about them, the objective point of view is indispensible! x