One Deck Wonder

EarthAngel2911

Ok, here's a situation I didn't think I'd come across! When I first committed to the ODW exercise with the Universal Fantasy, I said I'd go month by month and see how it went, but in the back of my mind I was thinking "2 months."

So, here I am, at the end of two months, and I honestly don't think I'm ready to move on. It's as if I feel I have "permission" from myself to finally pick up another deck, but now I don't know if I want to. Kinda like if you were always dreaming of having that affair with that gorgeous guy down the street, and then you make up your mind that you're going to go ahead and do it, but now you're not actually sure you want to. ;)

Anyway, my UFT study group is still going on (we're taking a break before the Majors), so I might at least wait until I've gone through the whole deck. I still feel as if there's so much more left to explore, and my readings have been so "on" with this deck, I actually don't want to read with another deck just yet. Of course, I just picked up the Mystic Faerie Tarot at my local Borders, and I'm itching to break open that cellophane! :)

Sheri

Ok, here I go on Day 1 of my new ODW study using the German/Spanish version of the Grimaud TdM. It is the first time I have really used a TdM, so I am hoping that I will learn alot from it and about it during my study. I know that it is going to take longer than 60 days, but I want to use that as a milestone to check my progress and re-evaluate how my study is going.

Originally posted by Solitaire*:
I disagree with valeria here a little bit, but on the other hand, could agree. I'd say if you're really new to tarot, you might want to choose the one that's easier and not so deep. If you've had quite a bit of experience, then choose the more difficult one. At least that's what would have worked best for me.

Excellent advice, Solitaire :)

:love: valeria

OwlShadow

Well, I'm still working exclusively with the Spiral tarot and it's been almost a month. I have one more month to go! I've really enjoyed working with this deck, I've found it to be amazingly accurate.

Rin

6 months? I can do that. I mean... I don't really have the dough to drop on a new deck, and I've been wanting the Gilded for months now. I'm ready for a challenge.

Just a question: Do we have to work with the tarot every day? I tend to get a bit absent minded, and I don't want to break any "rules".

Grizabella

There aren't any rules you might break. The purpose of the exercise is just to concentrate on one deck for as long as you can without being distracted by any other deck. You're the one who benefits from the exercise, so if you cheat or drop out, the only one you cheat on is yourself. :)

You can just work with it as much or as little as you want, but you'll probably get more out of it if you work with it every day.

Knight of Wands

I started yesterday, doing this for 60 days, using Universal Marseille :)

Roewyn

valeria said:
Ok, here I go on Day 1 of my new ODW study using the German/Spanish version of the Grimaud TdM.

Not to sound ignorant.. but might I ask, what is TdM? :(

Im still pretty new to Tarot.. lol.. :D

:love:

Roe

Little Baron

Roewyn said:
Not to sound ignorant.. but might I ask, what is TdM? :(

Im still pretty new to Tarot.. lol.. :D

:love:

Roe

Tarot de Marseille

LB