Grand Jeu Lenormand- constellations & flowers?

cardlady22

Does anyone have a link to a webpage or thread that gives a list of what these are?

I recently bought the larger 52-card deck (Astro Mythological- Grimaud) but I have only found books in French offered. (I am in the USA, so overseas orders are a bit problematic.) Or perhaps, if someone has one of them & reads French, would you be willing to send me a simple list of the names for the constellations and flowers depicted on each card?

Le Grand jeu de mademoiselle Lenormand, by Colette Silvestre-Haeberle and Linda Maar, June 30, 2002 pub: Arkhana Vox/Arcane
978-2906588042

Le livre du grand jeu de mlle Lenormand, by Jean-Didier, Sept 3, 1999 pub: Trajectoire Editions
978-2841970384

silverr

Afraid I can't help name the constellations, but here is a link to visuals of this particular deck so that it'll be clear which Lenormand you mean. I notice a lot of sites refer to any Lenormand as le grand jeu, so it can be confusing at times. Hope this helps, in its way.

http://www.lepalaisdutarot.com/PalaisT/GrandLenor.htm

Also if someone could just recognize the constellations in the visuals, pictures of the deck are available via Orphalese, I believe.

cardlady22

publisher or author contact info?

Thank you for the link, silverr. Yes, that is the deck I have.

Since I do not speak/read French, I have no idea how to find the authors or publishers to see if the books have gone out of print, whether they would permit a list to be uploaded in English, etc.

cardlady22

That belgacom link is great for the Geomantic Figures. There is one symbol (of 16 possible) not included: Carcer. There is a Yahoo! Group named Geomantic_Campus for those who are interested in that aspect.

I found this thread that talks about books:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=71886

How do some people put the alphabetical correspondences to work? I noticed there is no W. (multiples of other letters, though)

silverr

That is an informative find, Dwaas! I like how an interpretation is given for each of the images (including the minor ones) in addition to a description. Still no luck on the constellations, but the flowers are definitely covered here.

Gavriela

Thanks, Dwass - added to my bookmarks!

MareSaturni

When dealing with GJ Lenormand, i'm glad i read French :D

I have a book in French and it says which herbs ar ein each card. Usually it's more than one. And the art in the carts isn't really detailed so some plants could be many different herbs, with many different meanings. Though i feel that in this deck, the meaning of the plants, and of the letters that appear on the upper right corner, are somewhat arbitrary.