Oracle one deck wonder

Little Hare

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering has there ever been an oracle one deck wonder attempted? I did a search but it didn't seem like anything came up.

Would anyone hear be willing to participate in one?

EDIT: Please NOTE: The purpose of a One Deck Wonder thread is for the individual to bond with ONE chosen deck. (or other oracle e.g. crowstones, runes whatever you choose). If you are going to work with tarot, or a number of other oracles, decks then this may not be the best time for you to do the ODW.

Thanks
Pixie

GryffinSong

Er. What's a one deck wonder? There has been a community oracle project, if that's what you mean.

Sign me confused. ;)

Little Hare

Hi gryffensong,

its the same as a tarot one deck wonder, for example where you use one tarot deck exclusivly to read with for say three months. There a plenty of threads on tarot one deck wonders if you want to have a search.

there is curently one happening now in the tarot, games and fun sub forum but it is titled IDS intensitve deck support thread or something similar to that

Hope this helps

FaeryGodmother

I confess that I probably couldn't be that monogamus to a single deck. Even my beloved Froud Faeries. But I'd love to see how others go with it.

SpiritOfTheDogz

How many of us could really keep our hands off other decks for three months

I'd be maybe up for a month trial?

Paul

GryffinSong

Thanks, Alta! I wasn't able to find them on my own.

Being newly back into tarot, after years of travel, I'll leave the one deck wonder to others. I'm still getting my feet back under me, and trying to find a deck I love. I'm not ready to settle on one for any extended period ... I'm just getting to know my new decks. Maybe next year. ;)

Edited to add: Just remembered this is oracle, not tarot. Now that I could do!!! I just got the Spirit of the Wheel deck and I ADORE it!!! It fits with my travel experiences, with spending time on Vision Mountain where Sun Bear worked with the medicine wheel, and the art is stunning. I'd be MORE than willing to commit to this meditation deck for a period of time, and would be delighted to share the journey with y'all. I just did my first spread with it last night and I'm blown away with how I connect with this deck. :)

MysticalMoose

Yes Yes Yes!!!!!

Id also be willing to go for it with my new Russian Gypsy Fortune Cards. They have blown my socks off with the accuracy of the 1st reading I did when I got them this morning & I really want to work with them exclusively so I can offer readings with them. So count me in!!!!! :D

SpiritOfTheDogz

SpiritOfTheDogz said:
How many of us could really keep our hands off other decks for three months

I'd be maybe up for a month trial?

Paul

Just noticed that the minimum on the with the tarots is 78 days fools journey, so I'm thinking about doing 60 days, as there are 60 cards in the deck I'm thinking of using... can't make my mind up yet, either Fairy Ring or Faeries Oracle

When would this start...i.e. when do we have to choose a deck by?

Is this just one deck used in oracle readings or all readings, can we carry on with tarot as normal?

Paul

Little Hare

There would be no set time limit ;) I think that when we place pressure on ourselves to much, that's when we tend to crack.

You could go for however long you wanted e.g 1 month The purpose would be to bond with one deck, so you use that deck for all readings. I wouldn't advise using tarot along with this because the purpose is to become better aquainted with one deck.

Hope this helps