A look into the future

Disa

cirom said:
Then I think you'll like the Ace of swords as well :)

Ciro, I mean this with all due respect (and a lot of humour)- You are such a tease :)

We can't take it anymore I tell ya.

Wishing with all her might for a peek at the Hermit card,

Disa

VGimlet

I was just thinking about this deck and wondering what was going on lately. That queen of Swords just haunts me in a good way. :D

Sar

The Moon card was stunning!

Elnor

Your cards are stunning! I especially liked the Queen of Swords- can't wait to see more.

elnor

Whitestar

Ciro,

Do you have any vague idea in your head about WHEN this deck may be finished??? Less than a year, a year, 2 years???

Can't wait for it!!!!!

Whitestar

blackroseivy

Ok - I wanna know about this "compelling new" whatsis he's on about - !!!

cirom

Whitestar said:
Ciro,

Do you have any vague idea in your head about WHEN this deck may be finished??? Less than a year, a year, 2 years???

Can't wait for it!!!!!

Whitestar

Well I have to admit things aren't going too well. I'm going through one of those stages when i cannot seem to reproduce whats in my head. Several cards been discarded including the Tower which many of you commented on as not having enough ooomph !!! and I agree.
So its all a bit fustrating, it does'nt help that I've been busy and distracted by some commisioned work. But hopefully now thats out of the way I can get back to the good stuff, put on some nice new age music, and get into the 'zone', Normally it all starts to click then.

As for when its finished, I really don't know, I'm aiming to have the Majors and Royals ready by next spring when I'd like to show them at a Tarot conference I'll be attending in New York. The aim would be to finish the rest by the end of the year. Whats more relevant is if or when it would be available ? That would really depend on if a publisher is interested or not, usually the lead time is a least a year and a half from finishing the deck to it actually being published. At least the standard mass produced version.

So I'm afraid I don't have much thats new and finished that I can share for now.
Although you may be interested in the attachment. Its not one of the cards exactly but rather images from two that I merged together and printed out onto canvas to hang in the living room (as if my home was'nt wierd enough already). The swan is from the Empress card, the rest I think you figure out for yourselves.

Attachments

• Man&Swan.jpg
    Man&Swan.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 282

HearthCricket

That is lovely! I always love your use of colours, and the stars twinkling behind are so pretty. I see so many decks with such variety of artwork, but yours always has the strongest "mystical" appeal to me. Like it is from another world that actually does exist and is very believable, but is also one that is surrounded by magic.

And your home must be incredible!

Scion

cirom said:
I'm aiming to have the Majors and Royals ready by next spring when I'd like to show them at a Tarot conference I'll be attending in New York.
Excellent! When I heard you were involved with the 2008 Readers Studio, I was sort of hoping that you'd be presenting some of these new images. I'll be looking forward to that, and to meeting you properly. :thumbsup:

N.b. Yet another reason why people should be signing up for Readers Studio 08: Legacy Tarot in the house!

blue_fusion

i think that moon card's really wonderful. and i like the fact that you've included a person in the card (i dunno but i'm more drawn to the idea of all the cards having persons in them).