A look into the future

cirom

Good Lord, what sort of eyesight do you people have, are you all opticians?... I did'nt assume that detail would be visible at this low resolution and size. It certainly was'nt supposed to be seen yet. Not even the people you mentioned know about it. They and a few other names are the people who are helping me by acting as a kind of feedback commitee as I periodically send them work in progress images for this project. This was intended as a little gesture of thanks.

Oh well the cats out of the bag now I guess. :)

HarleyQuinnX

cirom said:
Oh well the cats out of the bag now I guess. :)

Then you won't mind if someone says two more of the names on that card. *cough* Mark and Lee *cough cough* ;)

Sinduction

I cannot wait!! :)

blue_fusion

gorgeous as always. i gotta ask, do you use references for the faces, because they're so life like. anyway, can't wait to see more samples images from this deck.

*morwenna*

More Blessings!

Just another nobody that has fallen in love with your work. You have a wonderful gift. I use the Gilded and am very comfortable with it. You haven't thought about designing doona covers have you? I would love a beautiful dooner cover with your art on it.

cirom

HarleyQuinnX said:
Then you won't mind if someone says two more of the names on that card. *cough* Mark and Lee *cough cough* ;)

Oh dear !!! Well at least you haven't found them all then...

Whitestar

Oooh, very excited to see this!!!

I have the Gilded and ToD and would definitely love another deck by Ciro!!!

.....I liked the first Fool better though :)

HarleyQuinnX

cirom said:
Oh dear !!! Well at least you haven't found them all then...

Yeah, I can't make out the last one there. It's a little skewed. I guess I'll have to wait until it comes out to figure out who that last name is. >_<

Lillie

The magician has far too many fingers.

Whats with that then?

I love the art.
I always love your art.
I wish I could do art like that.

It's amazing stuff you do.

I liked the first fool best.
If you wanted to know.
Which you probably didn't.
But I told you anyway.

cirom

blue_fusion said:
gorgeous as always. i gotta ask, do you use references for the faces, because they're so life like. anyway, can't wait to see more samples images from this deck.

Very often the body positions I sketch out first as it would be difficult to find the poses I have in my minds eye(attached fool sketch). But for the nuances of facial expression I look through magazines untill I find what fits the mood I'm looking for. This may not necessarily be the overal face, in fact I avoid a true likeness for legal and other reasons, instead its the subtlety that may come from say just the eyes, or lips etc. I personally would find that beyond me to create, but when I see it I know it and feel it would work for a given card's character, and then try to capture it. Or as in the case of the Queen of Wands posted earlier in this thread, I saw this magic expression in the eyes of a real person (a dancer at a Wiccan festival) and asked her to pose. (see attached photo) and used that as my reference point and developed it further, inventing costume hair style etc.

Attachments

• New-leg-fool-sketch.jpg
    New-leg-fool-sketch.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 348
  • QofWreference.jpg
    QofWreference.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 364