"Breath" Meditation Lamp

The Happy Squirrel

"Breath" Meditation Lamp

In my mind - Catholic rosary, Tibetan/Hindu mala, Muslim misbaha/shuba or Wiccan ladder - are for the same thing in the end.
To connect with the divine (in whatever way you see them, whether it be outside yourself and/or inside yourself). And they have similar effect.
Saying "The Angelus" over and over (a praise to the immaculate conception and a beseechment of Mary Magdalene - for those reading who don't know) gives one a parallel sense of peace and stillness afterwards (I found), as repeating "Om mane padme hum" ("The universal sound is like the jewel in the lotus" - alluding to Karma, life and the tensegrity of the universe). I guess it might just depend with what mindset/attention one is doing it.

I guess rosaries have been a fashion accessory since Madonna (if before I can't remember).
I don't really find it weird. Everyone has different ideas about things.
One just hopes this won't be extended to offensive or ignorant behaviour towards believers. Lol.

Agreed. I investigated this aspect before, vehicles taken from 'institutionalised religion' (for lack of a better term) and applied secularly or psychologically.

As for feeling weird about rosaries turned into fashion accessories, I supposed the item is highly conditioned in my mind as an item of devotion. So on an emotional level it is hard to unconditioned myself :)