A ribbon around a bomb.

Babalon Jones

Looks very "Frida" :thumbsup:
You nailed the eyebrows ;) I like the palettes as pentacles too. I think it will look great with them covered with her colors!

wooden-eye

Cheers Guys.
I just thought I would start with fairly straight forward card option. Though the palettes kind of represent the pentacles in this card, I am not sticking with any set suit symbolism for the whole deck.
Anyway just pleased to be ever-so-slightly over the threshold.

Zephyros

Looks great!

Will it be 78 of her self-portraits?

wooden-eye

Looks great!

Will it be 78 of her self-portraits?

Well there will be many Fridas and many Diegos, with supporting roles from the Trotskys, O'keefe Henry Ford and more.
The deck will have many portrait type cards as this was her own preoccupation, but much more besides. I am hoping to grasp the essence of both her life and work, within a tarot framework. It is a tall order and goodness knows whether I will be sucessful.
It is alot of paintings and I am seeking variety and balance. Interestingly it is understood that Frida herself actually completed less than 60 paintings in life- time, though she certainly had her distractions.

SarahJoy

Fascinating project! I look forward to it!

wooden-eye

8 of Pentacles in colour.

Hello lovelies.
So I painted that eight of pents yesterday. It definitely needs some tweaking- so don't look too closely, but on the whole for a first card I am encouraged.
I am happy to announce The Blue House Tarot is almost definitely a collaborative deck. I have been in massive and lengthy talks with Astrologer and expert Thoth wielder and fellow Frida Freak, Tara Greene, who is excited and motivated to write Blue House a book. It has been wonderful to begin to thrash out and pin-down just what this deck is, beyond Frida and Diego in a tarot.
We almost have it and, in turn just what the book will be beyond an instructional companion.
So here is that eight.
(This is just a camera snap, mocked up on a phone app)

Attachments

• 20160515_011410.jpg
    20160515_011410.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 234

JylliM

Nice work, Gabi! And good that you'll probably have someone along for the trip. There'll be plenty of us looking forward to the odd postcard along the way, I'm sure!

wooden-eye

Thanks Jyllim.
You are on my mailing list for sure.

Laura Borealis

Gorgeous colors!

cbiz83

I was a fan with just the sketch art. And the painted version is fantastic! Great job!