My Crystal Ball

GotH

I would warn about how they magnify the sun's rays quickly and intensely, but I see you've already acquired the third degree burn to testify to that one.
OMGosh I felt so stupid after that happened. :rolleyes: I know the effects of a magnifying glass and this would be no different but it past my mind. :neutral:

Here's a piccy of the crystal I use almost exclusively these days, and it does have a little bit of esoteric history. It was made by the Metaphysical Research Group in Hastings, England, in 1970 and marketed as a Psychics Crystal Gazing Research Kit.

DSCN0242a.jpg
Very cool and thanks for sharing the pic..

The previous owner bought it in 1972 from the wondrously named Librairie des Sciences Occultes which was part of the W N Schors bookstore in the lovely city of Amsterdam. She apparently always said that it had a "...delightfully playful energy..." about it, although I must confess I'm not sure what she meant by that. My own technique consists of using the ball as a focus while I drift off in meditation, and the images I see are behind my eye lids rather than in the ball itself.
I notice a lot of people suggest that I have fun playing with my ball! :laugh: I still have yet to understand what they mean by this so I look fwd to it for sure. If and when you play with yours (lol) let me know what you experience this time. Would love to hear more stories! :)

Looking forward to your new blog, "All The Injuries I Managed to Sustain From My Crystal Ball!"
LOL ... Hopefully the ball abuse is over. ;)

firecatpickles

I read somewhere on here that it can actually cause house fires, so watch out!

GotH

I read somewhere on here that it can actually cause house fires, so watch out!

I will definitely NOT be displaying it by any sunny windows for sure. Thank you Mr Fireman. :)

GotH

Getting To Know My Ball- 1st Experience

So all is quiet in my home and I'm in a relaxed mood. No distractions, no calls, not even dogs barking. I take my ball off it's stand (which I'm not crazy about) and bring it to my big comfy bed. I lay the heavy ball on one of my tank shirts that I have recently worn and I just stare at it. It's not calling me, it's not doing anything but sitting there cold and in the dim light I have chosen for our first experience together. I smile at it. Should I ask if it has a name as one member mentioned or just look into it to see what I can see? I decide to just hold it up to my face. I feel the cold, heaviness of this smooth sphere and decide to relax and just let it talk to me. I'm good at listening after all.

Within the first few minutes, I do hear two words. First word "WITCHES" second word "DESERT." It comes in like a whisper but I hear it loud and clear. :eek: Why? Okay, I decide not to make sense of this and just continue to observe. I relax and breath and just allow any image to shape, what will I see? Within a few minutes of a relaxed focus I see a man. A man with a very thick mustache! His face is round and his facial hair is very dark, but who is he? He looks very serious and not very happy. His features are dark and I'd say he's in his late 30s to mid 40s. His eyes are not very big but I do see he has smooth skin. He remains there for awhile, calmly. I want to call him the Spaniard.

Next I begin to feel things. Emotions. At one point I feel a passionate feeling come over me, like I want to kiss my ball or do something one would feel at the point of getting really intimate with someone. :) I can't really get into what I'm feeling at this point with my ball I hope you understand but I can say if I did, it would make you blush. The feeling fades as immediately as it approached me and I now feel a bit tired so I lay back and position my ball with the soft light behind it. I see what looks like a couple embraced with a big man (not heavy) on top of the other. The "other" who I can't really make out in detail is much smaller than the one on top and they almost looks cartoonish. Who are these people? I turn the ball to get a closer look when a big swan with beautiful white feathers comes into view. I like this image so I sit there and view it for awhile. White plumes and a dark head. Yes indeed it's a swan. The swan vanishes and so I reposition myself again on the bed this time holding it up a bit with my bare hands. What I see next is really cool. :)

My crystal sphere fills up with a lime geen color that is BRILLIANTLY illuminating! This is amazing and I enjoy looking at the color trying to figure out what my ball is amplifying. Is it the light to my phone? Is it a small light on the remote? Is it the digital clock across the room? Something from outside? NO NO NO and NO! There is NO green colored light anywhere in my room. My phone which does have a green light to it is away in the other room. The lime color light remains for just a little while and then flashes out. I get the feeling that our time is done for the evening so I pick up my ball and place it on it's stand and cover it with a white silk scarf to keep it safe.

So what did all these words, images and lights mean? I haven't a clue! :laugh:

Do you?

celticnoodle

That's great! Wondering if she got a chance to do anything with her ball. Another really cool mom. ;)

Please let me know when you take yours out and if you see anything. Love hearing about others experiences. I still haven't had a chance to really sit down with mine. Maybe today! :)
Thank you. I think I'm a rather "cool" mom and her dad is also pretty darn cool too. :D

I doubt if she had much of a chance. Her week has been very full of birhtday parties for her daughter, and the daughters friends, visiting inlaws, Easter, and a baby who is teething and not handling it very well. :laugh: Plus a dog with arthritis and who this past week has been doing some really crazy and odd things! lol. when it rains it pours. :laugh: I think if she has a free minute--she just collapses for that minute. :)

So all is quiet in my home and I'm in a relaxed mood. No distractions, no calls, not even dogs barking. I take my ball off it's stand (which I'm not crazy about) and bring it to my big comfy bed. I lay the heavy ball on one of my tank shirts that I have recently worn and I just stare at it. It's not calling me, it's not doing anything but sitting there cold and in the dim light I have chosen for our first experience together. I smile at it. Should I ask if it has a name as one member mentioned or just look into it to see what I can see? I decide to just hold it up to my face. I feel the cold, heaviness of this smooth sphere and decide to relax and just let it talk to me. I'm good at listening after all.

Within the first few minutes, I do hear two words. First word "WITCHES" second word "DESERT." It comes in like a whisper but I hear it loud and clear. :eek: Why? Okay, I decide not to make sense of this and just continue to observe. I relax and breath and just allow any image to shape, what will I see? Within a few minutes of a relaxed focus I see a man. A man with a very thick mustache! His face is round and his facial hair is very dark, but who is he? He looks very serious and not very happy. His features are dark and I'd say he's in his late 30s to mid 40s. His eyes are not very big but I do see he has smooth skin. He remains there for awhile, calmly. I want to call him the Spaniard.

:thumbsup: VERY, VERY COOL!!! I wonder if the two words are what it wants to be called even? Since you were thinking of that question? keep that possibility in mind. Wow. very interesting! You should make a note of these things in a book, so you can explore it later. The man could very well be someone you'll run into somewhere. Or perhaps he is symbolizing something?

Next I begin to feel things. Emotions. At one point I feel a passionate feeling come over me, like I want to kiss my ball or do something one would feel at the point of getting really intimate with someone. :) I can't really get into what I'm feeling at this point with my ball I hope you understand but I can say if I did, it would make you blush. The feeling fades as immediately as it approached me and I now feel a bit tired so I lay back and position my ball with the soft light behind it. I see what looks like a couple embraced with a big man (not heavy) on top of the other. The "other" who I can't really make out in detail is much smaller than the one on top and they almost looks cartoonish. Who are these people? I turn the ball to get a closer look when a big swan with beautiful white feathers comes into view. I like this image so I sit there and view it for awhile. White plumes and a dark head. Yes indeed it's a swan. The swan vanishes and so I reposition myself again on the bed this time holding it up a bit with my bare hands. What I see next is really cool. :)

very interesting!

My crystal sphere fills up with a lime geen color that is BRILLIANTLY illuminating! This is amazing and I enjoy looking at the color trying to figure out what my ball is amplifying. Is it the light to my phone? Is it a small light on the remote? Is it the digital clock across the room? Something from outside? NO NO NO and NO! There is NO green colored light anywhere in my room. My phone which does have a green light to it is away in the other room. The lime color light remains for just a little while and then flashes out. I get the feeling that our time is done for the evening so I pick up my ball and place it on it's stand and cover it with a white silk scarf to keep it safe.

So what did all these words, images and lights mean? I haven't a clue! :laugh:

Do you?
well, I would suggest googling for the symbolism of each thing you saw or using a dream dictionary (there are some online. here is the one I use most often:http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

as for the colors--I know sunchariot often sees colors in her balls as well. again, I'd check online as to the meaning of the color. here is one that you can go to as well--or find one yourself that you like--

https://crystal-cure.com/green.html

I'd say for someone who is a beginner to the crystal ball gazing - you've done very well!!! Sometimes it can take many tries before you are able to get anything from your crystal ball. So, apparently you and this ball are going to have a great connection. Way to go! :thumbsup:

GotH

Thank you celticnoodle for your response with trying to help me figure what I heard, felt and saw last night. I really appreciate it. I do have to say now that I've slept on it, it really was quite easy for me and it left me quite happy. I can only recommend that you just "allow" it to happen for you. Don't expect too much but be open to what is there. I mean how lucky was I to get that gift of brilliant color? The whole ball illuminated with a bright lime green! The interesting thing is even though I seemed doubtful (like I was trying to figure where the green was coming from in the room) it was still showing me these images and I didn't have to try so hard. I read up on how to scry with one afterward so I wouldn't be influenced by what I read and I now realize what I thought were fingerprint smudges were NOT smudges but cloudy veils I saw before the images formed.

Okay so here's what I think these mean... And ALL of this was researched AFTER I had my first sitting with my crystal..

It announced itself as "Witches or Witch's Desert." This makes sense, thank you celticnoodle.

I read that it's recommended that people should "bond" with their ball. Well.. I guess I could say that definitely happened. LOL .. (I know that sounds strange but this is all spiritual right?) Like it all just passed through me so quickly.

The Spaniard. I don't know? Was this who the energy was coming from? I know he looked serious or stern but I didn't feel ANY of what he appeared to be feeling. Thank goodness.

The couple. Did this signify a union with the energy coming thru my sphere?

The Swan symbolizes this:
Love
Grace
Union
Purity
Beauty
Dreams
Balance
Elegance
Partnership
Transformation

I felt all the above during our brief "intimate" moment which happened just before the couple and swan images came into sight. :)

Then the Green Light. That was really special. It's hard to explain but I feel blessed to have experienced this color the way it did. :cool2:

Anyway.. What a great experience. I think I'll be more prepared and know more of what to expect the next time I sit with the Witches Desert again. :heart:

misser_piggit

Thank you for taking the time to share all this goddess! I've long wanted a crystal ball but never got around to it. I love hearing your new experiences with it :)

GotH

Thank you for taking the time to share all this goddess! I've long wanted a crystal ball but never got around to it. I love hearing your new experiences with it :)

Hi Misser! :) Not a problem to share this as this is my way of recording my experiences with it. It's really nice when others help me interpret what may be happening too so this is all good.

I just had a conversation with someone about how much I experienced in my first sitting. I have to say it came really easily to me for some reason which is odd, as most things in life take effort. Like it took years for me to understand the basics of the cards and I'm STILL figuring them out! :bugeyed: But once I seemed to allow room for intuition, it took off.

I hope you do get a ball soon.. When you do get one- "just let it happen." :)

Edit: Something else I thought I would mention is timing. I would ask the cards when it would be best to sit with the ball. If I got a good feel for when and perhaps lining it up when I was feeling my intuition was right, I went for it. Seems like it worked well too. :)

Mycroft

My crystal sphere fills up with a lime green color that is BRILLIANTLY illuminating!
Then the Green Light. That was really special. It's hard to explain but I feel blessed to have experienced this color the way it did.
This immediately made me think of the phrase "given the green light" which is almost universally a sign to begin or commence something. A green light means 'go' on traffic lights, and on doors is a sign that it's okay to open and enter through them, as in a recording or film studio. This makes me wonder if your ball was "giving you the green light" to work with it further perhaps? The Anahata or heart chakra is also usually associated with the colour green.