Three images - Meaning?

Flames

Could you date the photograph? Was it contemporary or from a different historical period?

I'd say early 1950's. At the same time, I felt like he came out of the "future" and into the past or from the past, into the future. Time is a funny thing. Appearance wise, he seemed to fit these times but the energy he exuded evoked a memory or familiarity of a time gone by. The ambiance and the surroundings also bring to mind a familiar environment, either reflecting what was, used to be, or what's to come. I "know" him.

Flames

:) not anything to be embarrassed about at all. I think this is very sweet. You have a great SO there.

It does sound very much like a prophetic vision with the deity and I'd still say that the other was more then likely a visit with someone you had a relationship with in a previous time.

Very cool experience. You should start a diary about these and record it so you can later go back and see if any of it comes to really mean something to you later. And, like BrightEye mentioned, perhaps you can 'date' the period from the visions with the men. Keep us posted! :)

Great suggestion about dating the periods of the visions. I could very well have known the person in the b&w photo. I didn't doubt that when I first looked at him. There was such a certainty about it. However, I didn't feel that way about the "King". I felt like I was simply passing through. I was moved by the soft colours, the light, the atmosphere, the peacefulness of the scene. He was a very attractive man, quite sure of himself, but not for "me." Also, I found it odd that he was reading the paper. To me, there was something "off" about that. (maybe it has to do with what Daniel describes in his post). :) I'll see if something transpires as a result of my encounter with the deity. I'm discovering so many things about her. That's enriching to me all on its own. Thanks, CN. :)

Flames

I get images like this quite often and sometimes in dreams and meditation but most of the time they are not! I spend half my life working them out :)

You saw the person as a King of Wands but a relaxed laid back version. I think only you can really know what this represents in your life, could it be like BE suggested about soul mates or someone in your future or past? It's really the connection that you feel! If he is linked with the Wands card, he is fully in control and using his fire passion! A leader or business owner or someone with power, perhaps it is what you want or someone you know. I would see the King card like in your vision. I would see them as someone at a family celebration who would go and read the business paper nearby but that is not met in any offence but perhaps they had their quota of the celebration and now back to business (or anything that is his major passion) :)

black and white photo like others have said could represent the past. But also what about black and white thinking? things are never as simple as black and white, life is not absolutes, there is all greys and the shades inbetween! or perhaps you need to add more colour to you life! (or that man needs some excitement, from the photo!).

Finally the Goddess Vasudhara, I am not an expect in this area and there is others in the forum who are far more into their Hinduism and Buddism but from having a look on Google, there is Vasudhara (6 armed) and Lakshmi (4 armed) who are both Goddesses of wealth. They are worshipped through out the world by the many different people, but especially some of the poorest and in hardship, for their dreams to come true. Vasudhara is big in Nepal, Tibetan monks worship her and she even has her own cult. She is worshipped for abundance and wealth, the promise of future treasure!

So my take on the dream, either this is about a soul mate or what you desire, he is someone who can bring stability and you would not have any financial problems (I wish for the same thing :D) but they could be a bit boring. They can provide for you (or you and the family). With the black and white photo and the image you saw of him away from the celebration, they might not be a joining in fun time! his love is business! That could be the annoying thing about him and you might try constantly to do interesting things with him! The fact there is Vasudhara makes me turn slightly to the idea this is desire! but it could be predictive!

I had reoccurring dreams for 3 years that I would meet a guy who really interested me and eventually would become a very famous artist, but I knew him before 'the big time'. I knew from the dream exactly what the guy looked like, every detail but it's never happened sadly! I think mine was desire, every morning from those dreams I woke up happy!

So what will be interesting in future is if this is a real person or a desire? :)

ETA: love this very old Bronze of Vasudhara - http://www.asia.si.edu/collections/new-acquisitions/S2012.2.asp

Hi Daniel! :) Thanks for the link. She's beautiful. I want to find an image of her and frame it.

I like what you said about the King of Wands. What a great observation. It's interesting because I didn't feel connected to him the way I did with the second man. As I was explaining to CN, I found it odd that he was reading the paper while a celebration was going on. At first glance, I felt that he represented a certain way of life, a certain kind of spirituality and an inner richness, and yet, the fact that he was reading the paper meant that I "read" him incorrectly, well, at least to me. I tend to do that in my waking life. I make assumptions about people, putting them up on pedestals, albeit inadvertently, because they talk a language I embrace or am into, only to find out that they don't *actually* walk their talk, they don't practice what they preach. I'm often left feeling, disappointed.

I also resonate with what you said about the black and white photo...all of the greys and shades in between and how important it is to be mindful of that, otherwise we can become rigid in our thinking. Haha...I do want and am looking for more colour in my life! How true. Nice. :)This man in the photo has colour. To me, he radiates more colour than the King of Wands. Hmmm. :) I find that so fascinating. I recognize his colours, his "true" colours. Maybe it has to do with "seeing" and looking beyond appearances. That's it!! Thank you for helping me see that. Great message. :)

Yes...I've been reading up on Goddess Vasudhara and her association with fertility, wealth and abundance and what you say about financial security and stability, rings true. I am financially stable. I do okay for myself. I am self-sufficient. I think I'm at a certain point in my life where I'd like to share in this stability so that I don't always feel I have to do this on my own or that my world will fall apart if I lose my job, for example. I'd like to know that I can depend on an "other" and that I'll be supported, too...that I don't have to hold the fort by myself or be relied upon to take care of the both of us. It can feel so burdensome. I need my current load to lessen and ease up a bit. I feel restless. I want to have some fun! :)

We'll see what happens with the dream...whether it's predictive or not...In the meantime, may you find your dream guy!! :heart: Thanks so much, Daniel. :)

re-pete-a

I get the feeling that this King of Wands was trying to tell you or impart to you what you were doing...
Demonstrating that your mind could be separated from daily or personal activities by focusing ...using the paper as an example , which you know about and do...and the background activities...which you know about and do often....your able to separate via focusing, enabling you to be present without mentally disconnecting via thinking...

Becoming the King of Wands of your working world. What does that KoW card mean for you?

You were given another two examples to play with ...each time breaking the connections by thinking...but you didn't catch it.

I feel that it was a clue to enable you to stay focused in your dream state...to better your talents...by FEEL of what is going on rather than THINKING or figgerin' and causing a breaking away.

The moment you start to think while in that dream state ....you disconnect by changing vibes. It is not a logical or intellectual world that you play in ,in that state....It's a FEEL world only.

IF you focus without thinking or judging ...simply observing and feel, without judging or analyzing ...you won't disconnect...

A problem which you have been trying to solve for some time now....

The "Upper Management Team" is on your side and want you to master this talent....

Flames

I get the feeling that this King of Wands was trying to tell you or impart to you what you were doing...
Demonstrating that your mind could be separated from daily or personal activities by focusing ...using the paper as an example , which you know about and do...and the background activities...which you know about and do often....your able to separate via focusing, enabling you to be present without mentally disconnecting via thinking...

Oh...I would never have seen it this way. I'm so lucky to get input from others to help me see in a different way. Thank you. :) I've been told that I'm a great multi-tasker.:) And without tooting my own horn, I'd say I am really good at it. It's a skill I've had to develop over the years due to my line of work. It keeps my mind sharp and my memory strong. Wow, that's so interesting about this King and what you say here about being able to separate via focusing and being able to be present without mentally disconnecting via thinking. Right!! What a unique way of looking at this.

Becoming the King of Wands of your working world. What does that KoW card mean for you?

I was drawn to "his" colours. I sensed it was evening. The sun had already set. People had finished eating and he was sitting on his own. I think there was also a divider, a white divider which helped to separate him or give him privacy from the rest of the crowd, even though I didn't see anyone else. He seemed at peace. I could see the light reflect off of the wine glasses on the table. The table was draped in a white cloth, too. I loved his clothing. He was soft and yet, strong. Also, he didn't seem fazed by what was happening around him. He was content to be by himself and he wasn't distracted by me, at all. LOL He just looked up and smiled, like we were meeting for the first time...No biggie.

You were given another two examples to play with ...each time breaking the connections by thinking...but you didn't catch it.

So, it's not that I've become "aware" of myself in that state which is breaking the connection, correct? It's said we're like instruments or vehicles for information, but when we get in the way, we interrupt the flow...

I feel that it was a clue to enable you to stay focused in your dream state...to better your talents...by FEEL of what is going on rather than THINKING or figgerin' and causing a breaking away.

That's a wonderful way of looking at it. And guess what? I failed each time!! I'm usually better at it...in the dream state...in my lucidity...but, in a trance like state, going in and out of consciousness, it's a bit trickier. I don't know why it should be. In a lucid dream, I can ascertain what things mean. I can interact with the scenery, go where I want to, explore...I feel free. When I'm looking from and through the center of my forehead (that's what it feels like), I don't feel like a participant, but more of an observer. I'm watching others. Sometimes, and maybe this is going to sound ridiculous, it feels like I'm looking in on other people's lives, that I'm being privy to information I shouldn't be privy to, and there's a sense that I need to ask for permission before delving in. I don't know. But, of course...they're "my" dreams, "my" visions. There's some hesitation, though, with these types. The "figuring out" doesn't work well in this realm. True. When thought is introduced, I lose the connection. Plain and simple.

The moment you start to think while in that dream state ....you disconnect by changing vibes. It is not a logical or intellectual world that you play in ,in that state....It's a FEEL world only.

I guess I need to keep practicing. I need to overcome that initial hump of awareness, when I realize I'm seeing something and see it through, stick with it...know that it's okay. I think there's some fear involved, a fear of losing control. I'm not good with "people" talking to me in that realm. I've had "visitations", for example, and I don't always let them talk...I'm too afraid of what they'll say. If sound is connected to the visuals, I sense some apprehension. I say that I want to work on it, but in the moment, while I'm experiencing, it's difficult. I need to let go and trust in the process.

IF you focus without thinking or judging ...simply observing and feel, without judging or analyzing ...you won't disconnect...

Okay.

A problem which you have been trying to solve for some time now....

Yes!!! :)

The "Upper Management Team" is on your side and want you to master this talent....
;) I hope they don't give up on me...

re-pete-a

NEVER will they give up...ever !

You said this.....

Quote:... I think there's some fear involved, a fear of losing control. I'm not good with "people" talking to me in that realm. I've had "visitations", for example, and I don't always let them talk...I'm too afraid of what they'll say. If sound is connected to the visuals, I sense some apprehension. I say that I want to work on it, but in the moment, while I'm experiencing, it's difficult. I need to let go and trust in the process."... end quote.

The TEAM will try any and all avenues to get through to you or to help you break through to them...Time is not relevant .
For every step you take in doing that ...They will take a thousand towards you...

May I suggest that you form a love bubble around yourself (if you can remember at the time) which will help you mentally to LET GO of any fears of extinctions or harm to yourself.....( can you stab, slice , shoot or eat the wind...?)

Mentally create kind of diving bell which will create an "allowing" space....not built from fears but from love...which will deter any fear based or negative based entities from approaching you.
From this happy safe place you can then communicate with ease...

All new frontiers require courage to take on...

Go get'em...!!!

Flames

NEVER will they give up...ever !

You said this.....

Quote:... I think there's some fear involved, a fear of losing control. I'm not good with "people" talking to me in that realm. I've had "visitations", for example, and I don't always let them talk...I'm too afraid of what they'll say. If sound is connected to the visuals, I sense some apprehension. I say that I want to work on it, but in the moment, while I'm experiencing, it's difficult. I need to let go and trust in the process."... end quote.

The TEAM will try any and all avenues to get through to you or to help you break through to them...Time is not relevant .
For every step you take in doing that ...They will take a thousand towards you...

May I suggest that you form a love bubble around yourself (if you can remember at the time) which will help you mentally to LET GO of any fears of extinctions or harm to yourself.....( can you stab, slice , shoot or eat the wind...?)

Mentally create kind of diving bell which will create an "allowing" space....not built from fears but from love...which will deter any fear based or negative based entities from approaching you.
From this happy safe place you can then communicate with ease...

All new frontiers require courage to take on...

Go get'em...!!!

Hi Pete! Thanks for coming back to respond to my post. I want to share one more thing...which I felt was synchronistic with what you say here. I was talking to a member of my "meditation" group Thursday night and I was explaining how I feel disconnected most of the time, how I feel like the current world set up is all wrong and meaningless, how I feel alone in it...and he said, "Remember, you're not alone. There are others like you in this world...all over the world....and, there are others like you...in time." My ears perked up when he said that last bit. Another member said, "For you to be able to feel this disconnect or this sense of meaninglessness implies that you are already connected to meaning, although perhaps, it's a bit fragile at this time..." I want to know why I'm here. I want to know who I am. In order to know myself, I have to confront my shadows. It can't always be roses. And even in this realm, one can get caught up in illusion and one would never know it. That won't be me. In my "work", I must see all the ways I lie to myself. I must see my own habitual patterns, observe myself in life, see how I think I'm "awake" when in fact, I'm "asleep." I want to wake up! One must work to wake up, to see the truth as it really is and not how one would wish it to be. Not everyone understands this "language" but ever since I came to it, or rather, ever since it came to me, I knew I had found some thing special. I can't pretend that I don't see what I see. Once you know, you know. You can never say that you didn't know. In my "work", denial isn't an option, although there are times, I wish I hadn't seen the truth, because it can be lonely on this side. I'm told though, that once I see my own nothingness and really understand what this means, I'll see my "significance." Sorry for rambling. I think you're right about the TEAM doing everything they can to get through to me and for me to get through to them. That resonates on so many levels. Thank you for your words of encouragement. I appreciate it, Pete.

re-pete-a

If I may just add a little something that may just help widen your viewpoint...perhaps change your perspective of what's in front of you...

You are but one essence...the rest is imaginations.

That shadow is called "Terror"...it's the fear of eventual discovery... leading to the eventual annihilation of the Ego essence...It wants forever...but knows only limitations...Your getting too close.

'Nothingness' IS real...it's the highest intellectual point available for an EGO...there is one more step up...That is known of at present... one that is only available for an ego-less essence...which is your true self...

One is an imitation , the other is an original...one creates separations...the other joy...

QUOTE: by May Sarton... U.S. poet and writer.
"Loneliness is the poverty of self...Solitude is the richness of self"

The only thing that can feel separated and alone is the EGO...feel ME...like ME...love ME... ME...ME...ME...

it's a defense against it's being placed in 2nd place...second to your spiritual preferences. It will employ everything in it's power to regain that first position...using weapons that create rifts ...especially separations from spirit...mostly via fear based feelings and actions.(Doubts, persecutions)

The 'ORIGINAL SIN' taught in the christian belief systems is the taking on of an EGO identity.

I AM...a ME is born ...it's the compulsory entry price for entering this egotistical world...The challenge is to know it and to release it.
That's usually done via sufferings due to the inability to LET GO..

LETTING GO is the antidote...releasing personal preferences...regardless of personal costs to self or personal existences...which is the story in the crucifixion story...other belief systems have different stories with the same messages....the ME surrendered...

What you really are is reflected onto your outside world...it's you , reflected back...your real constitutional self... This is the key to knowing oneself's living identity...

That's as best as it's understood at this point...

Enjoy the journey...

Flames

QUOTE: by May Sarton... U.S. poet and writer.
"Loneliness is the poverty of self...Solitude is the richness of self"

The only thing that can feel separated and alone is the EGO...feel ME...like ME...love ME... ME...ME...ME...

it's a defense against it's being placed in 2nd place...second to your spiritual preferences. It will employ everything in it's power to regain that first position...using weapons that create rifts ...especially separations from spirit...mostly via fear based feelings and actions.(Doubts, persecutions)

The 'ORIGINAL SIN' taught in the christian belief systems is the taking on of an EGO identity.

I AM...a ME is born ...it's the compulsory entry price for entering this egotistical world...The challenge is to know it and to release it.
That's usually done via sufferings due to the inability to LET GO..

LETTING GO is the antidote...releasing personal preferences...regardless of personal costs to self or personal existences...which is the story in the crucifixion story...other belief systems have different stories with the same messages....the ME surrendered...

What you really are is reflected onto your outside world...it's you , reflected back...your real constitutional self... This is the key to knowing oneself's living identity...

That's as best as it's understood at this point...

Enjoy the journey...

Hi Pete! I'm sorry...I meant to respond sooner and then didn't...but, here I am...so, hope it's okay. I've thought about what you've written here since I first read it. I've been ruminating and pondering...

There is another kind of "loneliness" though, isn't there? Not Ego related. After I read your post, I came across images of Jesus in Gethsemane. Painting after painting...image after image...of this one, in particular. I mean, there he was "alone", in the dark...on the darkest of nights, while the others slept...and no one, not one person, stayed up with him. He was alone and in agony. In our seeing, we see the truth, don't we? And the truth isn't always pretty. In fact, it can be downright, ugly. There is an "aloneness" and a loneliness that are directly linked, and not in the way we might at first, think. It's a spiritual longing and yearning that is felt from deep within and we see that the abyss, our abyss, must be crossed, alone. No one and nothing can do it for us. Along the way, we'll feel misunderstood and often times, invalidated. We might feel isolated and yet, this little spark within has been ignited and this flame wants to burn and keep burning...So we trek on because we know there's more. We know we are MORE even in our "nothingness"...and the journey is long...which is okay...and sometimes, it'll hurt...and that's okay, too...because we want to wake up from our sleep and no one said that waking up from sleep was going to be easy. I'd rather take the road less travelled, no matter. Thank you for your insight! I appreciate it very much.

re-pete-a

Thanks for replying...

It's almost impossible to be alone , completely alone....There are so many forms of life and spirits taking up every little space available....plus clouds and stars to fill the sky...

I know nothingness intimately...It is not vacant, empty...

There's always an observer watching on...documenting you in that space...
That observer is your Ego...Your intellectual self...it feels nothing, it just witnesses ... and remembers all...
This is the place where "walking in the dark" is mentioned...a place for the lost, until they can break out of that heart set...

This observer is the keeper of the gates...Very few can get past this essence...It matters not what educational standard one possesses...

Look at ISIS the ancient Egyptian underworld gatekeeper ...She holds a serpent in one hand and a feather in the other.
Behind her is Cerberus the 3 headed dog ...One head for each reality...

When Osiris brings a newly passed over soul to Isis...their heart is weighed to the weight of a feather...The serpent looks into all of those dark dark places...

Nothing can hide ...

If something weighty tips the hearts scales Cerberus attacks...no matter where they try to hide...he will find them and torment them until that weighty darkness is resolved...

It is best to deal with these things while one has a body to steer ...without it one is like a rudderless ship in rough waters...

There is something in that Nothingness of yours...something that is not love based...
Try Allowing it to be exactly as it is. Own it and experience it ,without judgements. When this happens the hidden FEEL will pop up which will expose your answer...It takes time...
It takes trust and it takes tolerance...While you can steer.

Look at it this way...at least it has popped up now to be dealt with and not taken to the other side...

Good luck, Flames...