Clarifying Clairaudience

celestial

Hi Celestial! :)

You might find this thread interesting.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=222920 (See #7 - Mellaenn provides a prayer for protection).

Thank you, Flames. I can't see that thread, but I guess I can Google some protection prayers. I've done that in the past. I'm just going to take a break, if I can

I hear words/sentences in my sleep, upon awakening. The words are jumbled and I find myself trying to make sense of them. It feels like I'm holding on as hard as I can, like I'm trying to assemble the words, put them in their proper order.

Yes, that's when it happens for me most times, too.

Other times, the sentences are clear and coherent and I wake up saying them exactly as I heard them. Everything I hear, I look up...I find out as much as I can about the word/s, especially if I wake up saying a name, or an animal...sometimes, it's a place...Often, it feels like the words are coming through the forehead (that's the best way I can describe it).

I've had words come through that weren't so nice...in fact, they were downright, frightening. But, I don't pay them any attention. I had to learn that, though. Everything you place your attention on, grows.

Some of my messages are crystal clear, too, but usually they're the scary ones! lol They definitely come from inside my head, but my ears often hurt, too, and one particularly hostile one had my ear drums vibrating and ringing for at least 15 minutes after the fact. I was so terrified by that one, I leapt out of bed and ran for my mother! lol (Not that she was any help, but I guess it was instinct. :))

If I get a pleasant and calming sensation in my chest area, I know the message is inherently a good one and that I need to pay attention. If it creates a stirring in the mind, some kind of upset, a persistent "dark" thought...I don't give it any power! I treat it like I would a thought...I watch it "move" but it doesn't take me with it! Like I said, I had to learn that and it wasn't easy, but well worth it! Any time you delve into the Mysteries, something of equal measure will be there to greet you at the other end, from the other end. It's a law of Nature. You seek out the good...and the not so good will be knocking on your door...as a way of testing your resolve. Black and white, lights and shadows...all a part of life.

I wish I could see more of the light!

You can't force yourself to hear anything. I think it has to do with "density", like you mention. You'll hear what you're supposed to hear. If we're tangled up, messages don't come through as easily. Depends on the frequency...

Well I'm definitely a rats nest of tangles, so that would explain it. lol

And...I tell them off, too! :( No word of a lie. Sometimes, I'm mean :(...but, it's really just hurt and pain disguised as anger. They know that. Actually, I find that when I'm the meanest, or at my lowest, that's when they draw closer...That's how the light gets in...;) :heart:

Yes, I'm sure they know that my anger comes from pain and from self-hate, too. I don't feel like I deserve their help, but then I feel so betrayed sometimes that I don't want to fall for their tricks again. I'd rather just know that I'm on my own and not hope for something that I know won't materialize. :(

I feel ungrateful and so I act ungrateful, I guess. I'm definitely the one to blame. Ugly is as ugly does, right?

Thank you for sharing, Flames. :love:

celestial

Trust me, they understand that when you do tell them to f' off, that it is out of anger for which they and you are not fully responsible. As EmpressArwen mentions - they will NEVER leave you! No matter what. They are with you to follow you and help you on this journey and will never abandon you- no matter how ugly and mean you get!

Well I just got a new definition of Hell -- being assigned as my guide! :( But when I die, they'll be released, I hope. I feel like I've ruined their "lives" as well as mine.

And, if it makes you feel any better, just apologize to them and ask for their help and guidance. :)

I think they need a break from me. lol

eta: oops! not sure what happened, but it posted before I told it to! (Can I still blame Mercury Retrograde? :p)

Of course! I'm sure it's still Mercury Retrograde somewhere. :)

The thread to the Archangel Michael prayer that Flames provided is an excellent prayer to recite. However, if that sort of prayer is not your thing--anything you wish to 'say' that makes you feel protected will do too.

I used to think that Archangel Michael was my guardian, but I'm not so sure about that now. Maybe a fallen angel, perhaps.

I also hear things all the time! (I am a medium after all). There are times when it is so crisp clear, I don't even have to pay close attention--as I get it just as if they are standing right beside me and talking to me. Then there are times when I have to really pay close attention and even then, I can't quite get it.

And, yes, I have also dealt with things and spirits that were not so nice! But I again call on my guides to help me, protect me and in the case of a bad spirit--to get rid of them. Again, Archangel Michael is great for that too!

For a short while, I felt really protected and not afraid at all for that very reason. I knew that nothing could hurt me, but plenty has, so I guess I was wrong. lol

Flames is also correct that you need to not even think of the things that are not so nice--so you don't give it power to grow. When you are using these abilities that we have, you will get some good and some bad. So, it is good to ground and protect yourself continuously/as needed.

I know that's true. It's so hard not to feed the darkness, though. It's voracious and the light doesn't seem to have any attraction to me. Again, I know this is my fault, but I don't seem to be able to change it. I've tried my whole life to fight it and I'm just tired.

yep. I couldn't have said it better myself!

But, do not give up. Keep on trying, and developing your abilities. Practice is always good! This is how you grow!

Good Luck to you.

Thanks, CN. I just wish I could understand what is being said. Maybe if I could, I would have more hope. Actually, maybe it's the darkness that is muddling the message for that reason! I don't know. I think it's probably best if I just ignore these kinds of experiences for awhile.

Again, thanks to all you AT folks for providing a positive view! I definitely need it. lol

celestial

This is a fascinating topic for me as I am interested, but also very scared, or wanting to reach out.

I have heard my name a few times in my life - always at night in the dark - as a very clear voice in my head (that's the only way I can describe it). Only ever my name. Other times I can feel something in the room. A knowing it is there. And once I got an impression of it. It was frightening in its appearance but I didn't feel it was bad... If that makes sense.

But it's the opening of the floodgates I worry about. I have also been having a lot of dreams about poltergeists.

Oh God, please no poltergeists!

I have definitely had sensations of other beings in my room, and I used to be tormented by feeling like my soul was being pulled out of my body, but that stopped probably a decade ago. Not really sure why it stopped, but I'm sure glad it did!

I think it's smart to be worried about floodgates, but I think the advice of EmpressArwen, Flames and Celtic Noodle is the best way to handle it. Even if you're not actively seeking to make connections, say the protection prayers and be confident in your belief that you're protected and I'm sure you'll be okay. :) :love:

celestial

This morning, just before waking, I got a very clear voice. It was a toddler's voice and it said "Food." I heard it three times -- perhaps related to my post here asking for the messages to be clear? I replied, "But I don't know what to feed you," and the answer came to me, not as a voice, but as a knowing. Love. My inner child wants love. Damn. Now I'm breaking my own heart! lol

Of course, it's also possible the voice was telling me that my week-long stomach upset is related to something I ate. Who knows? I think I'm leaning toward the first. :)

Just thought I'd update and let everyone know that at least this voice was willing to repeat the message until I got it. I'm grateful for that!

danieljuk

hi celestial,

I started the thread on the other area but it's in spirituality which is sadly a subscriber area. but look up methods for protection. I started that thread originally because this is all a very new area for me and I think I repressed it for years and years! But I started to get scared by it all.

Once you let the genie out of the bottle, it's very hard to stuff it back in again! This is who we are and there is a purpose for us to be strong in these areas. Recently a lovely lady (forgot her handle argh) posted about she is getting awful dreams and has spent the last few years trying to block all her psychic areas because was finding it too difficult.

Like I said, in August I was getting really anxious about this area. What if I lose control? it started to get scary! I feel much calmer now! These talents give us good and wonderful things too! I get audible messages randomly during readings and it's wonderful! celebrate the positive things. The problems you are facing with the negative parts, well you just need to get wise! learn and read up all about this. We are always in control! we can imagine white and gold light around us, do protection techniques and also we can say "please go away and leave me alone, only positive messages please".

We can't just shut down this channel when we have opened it, but we have to become wise and knowledgeable and filter things to make our lives easier! we have to live with it! and don't forget there is wonderful positive things from this, as well as these annoying things to handle and learn to deal with :)

sometimes they are clear to me, and sometimes they are like riddles! I guess we got to keep working at our skills in this area :)

Flames

This morning, just before waking, I got a very clear voice. It was a toddler's voice and it said "Food." I heard it three times -- perhaps related to my post here asking for the messages to be clear? I replied, "But I don't know what to feed you," and the answer came to me, not as a voice, but as a knowing. Love. My inner child wants love. Damn. Now I'm breaking my own heart! lol

Of course, it's also possible the voice was telling me that my week-long stomach upset is related to something I ate. Who knows? I think I'm leaning toward the first. :)

Just thought I'd update and let everyone know that at least this voice was willing to repeat the message until I got it. I'm grateful for that!

What a wonderful and moving message, Celestial! Wow, some of us must be going through a similar process because yesterday, after I got out of the shower, I sat on the edge of the bathtub, crying silently, before getting dressed, and I had a candle burning...I just put my hands on my thighs, on top of my legs, patting myself, and said, "It's okay. I see you. We're good. You're loved." I was consoling my inner child! :heart: I was consoling mySelf. Sorry to sound corny. ;) But, I just had to share. And guess what? I'm so glad I had that moment with myself. It did me a lot of GOOD and for that, I am grateful, that I was able to connect in that way. Be gentle with yourself. Try to do nice things for yourself. I find that being creative, helps, too (you enjoy photography, right?) or surrounding my living space with things that I consider beautiful and inspiring. Our inner child wants to be acknowledged and listened to. She needs attention. That's how she knows she's loved, by the kind of "nourishment" we give her. When we give her love, we receive and feel it in return. Just more thoughts. Take good care, Celestial! See you soon. Thank you for sharing. :heart:

celticnoodle

:) nice, celestial. I'm glad that you have heard it clearer & figured out what it meant. I would go with it meaning your inner child wants love, too. :)

What a wonderful and moving message, Celestial! Wow, some of us must be going through a similar process because yesterday, after I got out of the shower, I sat on the edge of the bathtub, crying silently, before getting dressed, and I had a candle burning...I just put my hands on my thighs, on top of my legs, patting myself, and said, "It's okay. I see you. We're good. You're loved." I was consoling my inner child! :heart: I was consoling mySelf. Sorry to sound corny. ;) But, I just had to share. And guess what? I'm so glad I had that moment with myself. It did me a lot of GOOD and for that, I am grateful, that I was able to connect in that way. Be gentle with yourself. Try to do nice things for yourself. I find that being creative, helps, too (you enjoy photography, right?) or surrounding my living space with things that I consider beautiful and inspiring. Our inner child wants to be acknowledged and listened to. She needs attention. That's how she knows she's loved, by the kind of "nourishment" we give her. When we give her love, we receive and feel it in return. Just more thoughts. Take good care, Celestial! See you soon. Thank you for sharing. :heart:

Flames, though this started out sadly for you--it ended so beautifully for you. As you know, I tend to find myself letting it all out in the shower as well. It is a kind of healing for me and a kind of renewal. Your advice here is so right and important, "be gentle with yourself". We all need to do that. I love what else you said here too--to do nice things for yourself and surround your living space with the things you consider beautiful and inspiring. Great words of wisdom.

yannie

Thanks, EmpressArwen. I've been hearing things for as long as I can remember, so I think I'm open enough, just too hard of hearing (or too dense), perhaps. The gutteral messages have always been positive, so I was thinking they might be coming from my animals. I don't know. I did only recently start asking directly to communicate, but I'm SOL on the protection side, so maybe I should not ask again and should just ignore anything that does make it through. :(

Wonder how the OP is getting along? I saw the gutteral messages bit & thought I might add...I have animal spirit guides, and they communicate through song lyrics. Maybe, if the gutteral messages are a concern, celestial can make that song-lyrics suggestion to her animal guides, haha.