Difference between Magician and Devil for seductiveness (business question)

tarot_quest

Hi guys :)

I was wondering what are the differences between the Devil and the Magician when talking about the charm needed when someone work with the public, for sales and to create professional alliances?

I am asking because the job that I am applying for (and was interviewed) is often depicted as the Magician. It makes sens because I will need to do some presentations in front of experts and use my ''charm'' and social skills to build important alliances. I am just wondering what is the difference with the Devil when looking at these positive ''seductive'' qualities? I am asking because the Devil came out as what they like about me compared to other candidates. And no, I am not evil nor a bullshiter! I see the Devil as more Capricorn-like (i.e. hard working, perhaps well mannered and good at convincing others, which also looks like the Magician!)

I have been pulling both cards in different readings many times. But still, I don't see the difference between them when looking at positive attributes related to business...

Thank you in advance for your inputs :love:

DDwarks

The Magician is a showman. Full of confidence with more than one ideas up his sleeve. He likes to impress!
The Devil doesn't give up until the sell is done. It's hook line and sinker with him so determination yes, but hunger/greed for success with it.

think

Oh yeah, like DDwarks, I see the magician as someone that naturally is entertaining, a people person, likes to make people happy and see people smile. The devil is like you say, hard working, and if he needs to for the job, he will turn on the charm, and he'll be good at it, but it's not his natural state like with the magician.

rwcarter

I am just wondering what is the difference with the Devil when looking at these positive ''seductive'' qualities? I am asking because the Devil came out as what they like about me compared to other candidates.
Will you be working in a team/on a lot of projects or mostly solo? Cause I can see the Devil as representing someone who has what it takes to bring disparate personalities together for a common goal. That could be through charm, BS or even using others' weaknesses against them for the greater good.

As for the difference between the Magician and the Devil, I'd say that for the Devil the end justifies the means while for the Magician the means justifies the end.

Rodney

tarot_quest

The Magician is a showman. Full of confidence with more than one ideas up his sleeve. He likes to impress!
The Devil doesn't give up until the sell is done. It's hook line and sinker with him so determination yes, but hunger/greed for success with it.

Wow! I love it :) Yes, the Magician is a showman, belonging to the Air element, so speech is primordial to him and he does it elegantly. Full of confidence also describe him well. You gave me some information that I was missing about the Devil: ''Does not give up until the sell is done'' and ''hunger for success'' are good descriptions! I feel like the Devil might be more stubborn and determined than the Magician with your interpretation, whereas the Magician would give is show and if people did not like it, he might think ''too bad'' and leave the spotlight.

Thanks!

tarot_quest

Oh yeah, like DDwarks, I see the magician as someone that naturally is entertaining, a people person, likes to make people happy and see people smile. The devil is like you say, hard working, and if he needs to for the job, he will turn on the charm, and he'll be good at it, but it's not his natural state like with the magician.

Interesting that you mentioned that the Magician has a natural charm, whereas the Devil can turn it ''on'' and ''off'' as required by external circumstances. I also agree about the Devil being hard working and primarily focusing on getting the job done. Thanks!

tarot_quest

Will you be working in a team/on a lot of projects or mostly solo? Cause I can see the Devil as representing someone who has what it takes to bring disparate personalities together for a common goal. That could be through charm, BS or even using others' weaknesses against them for the greater good.

As for the difference between the Magician and the Devil, I'd say that for the Devil the end justifies the means while for the Magician the means justifies the end.

Rodney

Nice input Rodney :)

I will be working mostly alone to meet up with different professionals. What you said makes sens, because if I get this type of job, I will have to convince different types of people about different concepts (i.e. teaching, discussions) and it is true that devilish qualities could be used, as you mentioned. I am perhaps naive so far, but I will try to stay honest and not use other people weaknesses. I can clearly see myself using charm pretty often though! Thanks