Can the Ten of Swords ever be good?

Clockwork Ghost

Hi there,

The title pretty much speaks for itself - can the Ten of Swords ever have a positive meaning? Even The Tower can speak of positive outcomes through drastic change, but how can you ever read a positive outcome into the Ten of Swords?

Grizabella

You don't think it's positive that the nightmare of the 9 of Swords has ended? I'd surely feel it was positive. That's what the 10 of Swords sometimes means.

Debra

Those gigantic swords! Overkill, right?
Can mean "exaggerated fear" and wow, high drama, the reality is nowhere near this!

Elven

Hi there,

The title pretty much speaks for itself - can the Ten of Swords ever have a positive meaning? Even The Tower can speak of positive outcomes through drastic change, but how can you ever read a positive outcome into the Ten of Swords?

It can, but often that 10 of swords positivity comes from hindsight - looking back at the situation and seeing that sometimes it had to come to that depth, to get to the other side - to get to the light. The break in the darkness with the first light on the card (RWS) tells of that.

Spiderwoman

Hi

I have had this come up for someone who was scheduled to have a much needed back operation - hopefully an end to their suffering and also for someone having acupuncture!

Esk

I agree with Grizabella and Debra. For me this card often indicates that I have reached rock bottom and now I can climb back up. Honestly I prefer to see the 10 of swords than the 9. This card also appears for me when I make a drama of nothing, and the situation is not as bad as I think it is. If you are a little paranoid it could be that.

gregory

Yes. I got it for a happy marriage once - stop being afraid of all that crap - it's OVER. NOW you can move on with the new guy. (there was something on the particular card that suggested an unnoticed good option, but I forget what, now !)

magicjack

Remember that song, "I been down so long, it looks like up to me"? In other words, it can't get any worse. Which means, it can only get better.

Venusian

I once got it for a dermotalogic procedure that I was getting that week, in which the doc had to insert a needle under my skin multiple times. :)

Barleywine

I have difficulty seeing it as positive, unless in context it means giving up on a lost cause, cutting your losses, slinking away and licking your wounds. Mostly I just see it as the futility of trying to maintain a weak position. All of the Tens are pretty much exhausted of the original elemental potency of their suits. Ten of Swords could show mental exhaustion; ennervation is probably the right word. It's having to "sweat the small stuff," even though you know you shouldn't. It's like being nibbled to death by a very large pack of very small rodents. Because there isn't much energy behind it, I've always seen it as numerous, nagging annoyances that are very difficult to confront directly and come to grips with. Its faults are those associated with dissipation of resolve: lack of discipline, disunity, disruption, disintegration, ennui brought on by frustration. It's impossible to "fight strength with strength" when the opposition is more of a dismal "wasting" influence. Even at its best, not a very encouraging card.