Collaborative Spread Creation #1 - Double Arch of Insight

Lilija

I like the last rendition, it looks like the cleanest, and simplest. Since I'm a "card one in the center" kind of girl, normally, I might be tempted to swap the 1, 2, 3 column for the 4, 5, 6 column.

I am now wishing I hadn't used this spread already, when it was raw, I bet it would come out a lot better, in this format, heh. Ah well, into my spread book it goes, maybe it'll help other people. Maybe something like this will come up for me soon.

Glass Owl, I liked reading your list of what it showed you. I too, was shaken up by my results, but for a different way. Mine looked more like this:

1. You're offering to help based on a facade.
2. She's perfectly happy, deep down, and doesn't need your help.
3. You wouldn't even know where to start, anyway.
4. Just shut your mouth, and go along with her act, it's better for everyone.

Don't worry, the whole facade thing isn't harming anyone, it's just a friend trying (quite successfully) to fit into a socially acceptable picture, which isn't really the deep-down truth. Apparently, she's fine with it.

Glass Owl

rwcarter said:
So how about this instead?

------------10&11---------------
----------------------------------
----12----13------14----15-------
----------------------------------
01------------04------------07---
---------------------------------
02------------05------------08---
---------------------------------
03------------06------------09---

It keeps the double arch feel but distributes some of that heaviness at the top of the spread. This way the Querent's role is at the top of the spread, what the Querent shouldn't do is to the left and what the Querent should do is to the right.

Rodney
I really, really like this version.. it's so much better this way. You're right, it does have that "double arch" feeling and it flows so much better.

rwcarter

So, what do we call the spread?

Lilija

I've been calling it "that spread that helps you figure out how to help someone" which might be a bit awkward as a working title :p

rwcarter

Yeah, that's quite a mouthful! :laugh:

Rodney

The crowned one

I might be missing something but I do not see anything about outside factors, these are often the strongest influences in a (X)'s mind whether their perception is correct or not. (anything from family, friends opinions or even crushes on the back burner) The strongest influences in a persons life are often based on false percepts sadly.

rwcarter

tco, if I'm understanding you correctly, you're talking about outside factors in whatever situation the friend is currently involved in. That's not really the focus of the spread. The spread is about finding out enough about what's going on with the friend to be able to help them. The Querent shouldn't need to know the minutia of the situation to be able to help the friend.

-----

As for a name, how about "Double Arch of Insight"? since we agree that the shape is that of a double arch and since as Glass Owl and Lilija have both found out that the spread provides insight on both the friend and on the Querent. That title isn't quite as descriptive as I might like, but it is short and sweet.

Rodney

Lilija

That sounds like a good a name as any. I like these spread collaborations, it's a good exercise.

Rootweaver

Valuable exercise!

Hi,

I joined the forum yesterday, and must say that reading thru this thread has been very educational and enlightening! I thoroughly enjoyed it! Thank you to all who contributed.

I hope that there will be many more spread collaboration threads to learn from and to participate in, in future.

I am in awe!

rwcarter

I'm glad you found this exercise both educating and enlightening, Tarot Nouveau. This series of exercises is member-driven, so as long as folks post in this thread the kinds of spreads they would like to see created and there are other members who want to collaborate on creating the spreads, the exercises will continue.

Rodney