Bohemian Gothic-Justice

swimming in tarot

I can live with what you just wrote, Thirteen, as the definitive story of this image. But I will keep in mind all the permutations that everyone else has thrown in, myself included, as shades of interpretation that may be relevant if this card shows up in any given reading! :D

Nytebugg

JennyFunk said:
I'm wondering if my card is different for some strange reason, but the Judge's left eye is brown and his right eye is green in mine. I've been trying to understand that, but I can't come up with a conclusion. Any ideas?
I noticed that too last night when I was at my weekly tarot class. I had hoped to find an answer to that in the thread.

Thirteen

Nytebugg said:
I noticed that too last night when I was at my weekly tarot class. I had hoped to find an answer to that in the thread.
As you can see, what we concluded was that either the Judge has--knowingly or unknowingly--a demon within him (that the book has corrupted him), or that the Witch has cursed him with a mark that will get him accused and judged for witchcraft.

The message of the card seems to be: "be just and you will be judged fairly yourself." As he did not judge other fairly, he is not going to get judged fairly himself when the time comes. If judgements on earth do not put things right, then Cosmic Justice will. If we don't take it upon ourselves to balance out the scales, then the universe will do it for us.