Alice in Wonderland: The 2s

DragonFae

Next up....the 2s

Two of Spades: "You're nothing but a pack of cards."

Two of Diamonds: Drink me...What a curious feeling!"

Two of Clubs: "The race is over! But who has won?"

Two of Hearts: "Oh I beg your pardon!"

Twos are exchanges....

Spades: "troubles that plague every man" OR I like to think of it as situations in life or things that are part of life....

Diamonds: money, wealth, OR as I like to think of it...AS things that are important or priorities to the seeker...may not be money...

Clubs: work, callings or plans....OR I like to think of it as work or things we need to accomplish in our lives, thing that we need to "take care of"

Hearts: Love, family and friends (including self) OR emotional issues

Combining the sayings, the idea of 2s being exchanges and the suits

Two of Spades: There's trouble all right...there's a lack of repsect. During these exchanges someone is violating boundaries or being disrepectful. Alternatively someone isn't looking very closely at other viewpoints.

Two of Daimonds: Money or things valued. This card seems to be saying move forward but it will feel awkward. Whatever direction you take remember there will be a need for adjustment and getting used to the newness. These exchanges are filled with a strange feeling...perhaps a warning that something isn't right or still needs to be addressed.

Two of Clubs: Work or Plans...This card seems to be saying that things (or some exchange or dealing) are over (or one feels they are at least) but there is still uncertainty as to what is what and the actual outcome is unclear. Perhaps this indicates a lack of clear communication...it is time to speak up.

Two of Hearts: Hearts are love family friends...this card appears to be suggesting that some exchange has created a problem that needs to be addressed or apologized for. Someone to make amends with when this card comes up.

So those are the twos....will be interested to hear other interpretations.

cardlady22

DragonFae said:
Two of Spades: "You're nothing but a pack of cards."

Two of Diamonds: Drink me...What a curious feeling!"

Two of Clubs: "The race is over! But who has won?"

Two of Hearts: "Oh I beg your pardon!"
The keyword I like to use for 2 is PARTNER. Now this can be friend, business, love- or even the dreaded "forced upon us" partner. Remember your school days where you were assigned to work with someone? Sometimes your partner was great; others you couldn't wait to get away from them! Or a brother-and-sister dynamic.

2 is Mercury, the messenger. Quick flashes of things that we pick up, sometimes when we don't even realize it consciously. You might get or give the wrong message. Again, I'm reminded of school games like Telephone where the changes along the way can end up in quite another dimension.

Another of Iain's key phrases is The Mind. 2 is the semi-sextile aspect.

Two of Spades ~ Mercury in Water; King pattern

The mind flows. Are you being swept along, or have you grabbed the oar to control your direction?

Two of Diamonds ~ Mercury in Air; Queen pattern

The mind flutters. Are you getting a good view of all possibilities, or are you being blown about where you cannot reach your destination?

Two of Clubs ~ Mercury in Earth; Jack pattern

The mind solidifies. What are you building? Will it be strong (on a good foundation) or will it be brittle/fragile (breaking apart in the confrontation)

Two of Hearts ~ Mercury in Fire; Queen pattern

The mind sparks. Are you coaxing the flame or allowing it to die down? (Did you choose the necessary/appropriate action?)

DragonFae

oh...I love the depth you've added to the twos.....this is great stuff....I like the idea of the mind.

cardlady22

*giggle* I always think of Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof
"On the other hand . . ."