Alice in Wonderland: The 3s

cardlady22

I thought I'd start for this one . . . after much indecision which can be a big part in the life of a Three!

Three of Spades: "Flamingoes and mustard both bite."

Three of Diamonds: "There's nothing but hay left now."

Three of Clubs: "I speaks English, doesn't I? Or are you deaf?"

Three of Hearts: "I said it very loud and clear: I went and shouted in his ear."

ETA: I am not very familiar with the parts of the story that these vignette/scenes come from, so I'd appreciate if someone can help me put the pics into context.

In the Card System that I like to use, the Three is Venus. But, there are many who prefer to use the numerological association of Jupiter. This kind of works together because they both have connotations of expanding, even into excess. And making a decision for one thing might cause another thing to be excluded. We just can't have that when we are passionate about something! I like to think of the pip arrangement: 2 against 1 . . . but that one in the middle is torn as to which side (s)he really wants to end up on. Sooner or later the choice must/will be made.

3S: Group revelation; Venus in Water (Queen pattern)
*This card sits in the 32nd square of the Life Spread- Jupiter/Saturn. "Creative Service" as a keyword title makes me think about how easy it is to be lulled or deceived. It could be the outward appearance disguising. Or it could be recognizing that having a unique, upbeat perspective will help you overcome the obstacles/threats troubling you.

3D: Group construction; Venus in Air (Jack pattern)
*This card sits in the 6th square of the Life Spread- Uranus/Mercury. For some reason, this makes me think of the fairy tale where the king demands the straw (hay) be spun into gold.

3C: Group communication; Venus in Earth (Queen pattern)
*This card sits in the 31st square of the Life Spread- Mars/Saturn. "Creative Knowledge" as a keyword title makes me think that the belligerent confrontational style will gain the opposite of the desired effect. Find a way to get them interested in what you have to say or teach or share.

3H: Group emotion; Venus in Fire (King pattern)
*This card sits in the first position of the Life Spread- Mercury/Mercury. I will get your attention because something important has happened!

DragonFae

Thanks for getting this started...I have too many things going at once...back at work after summer break...I'll come back and post my ideas about the threes. I still LOVE this deck...its just I have too many decks I love...LOL

DragonFae

The 3s

Three of Spades: "Flamingoes and mustard both bite."

Three of Diamonds: "There's nothing but hay left now."

Three of Clubs: "I speaks English, doesn't I? Or are you deaf?"

Three of Hearts: "I said it very loud and clear: I went and shouted in his ear."

Threes show things growing....

Spades: "troubles that plague every man" OR I like to think of it as situations in life or things that are part of life....

Diamonds: money, wealth, OR as I like to think of it...AS things that are important or priorities to the seeker...may not be money...

Clubs: work, callings or plans....OR I like to think of it as work or things we need to accomplish in our lives, thing that we need to "take care of"

Hearts: Love, family and friends (including self) OR emotional issues

Combining the sayings, the idea of 3s being things growing and the suits

Three of Spades: Troubles that plague every man...There's some trouble brewing and its going to grow unless something changes. Two very different things involved here in this situation but bothe have the power to affect the situation in a negative way.

Three of Diamonds: Money or things valued. Right now there is not much chance left to salvage this situation. The chances of failure are growing so take action quickly. There is no time to waste.

Three of Clubs: Work or Plans...Frustration is growing, Someone is missing the point or not understanding this situation. It's time to listen up!!!

Three of Hearts: The person involved in this situation is becoming increasingly assertive. They are making their needs known. Listen up. They want to be heard and they are increasing their efforts to "win" or come out as they desire in this issue.

So those are my thoughts on the threes...