Cards for rich persons ... silver cards

Huck

Debra said:
http://kikkerland.com/

Search "silver playing cards"

"Description : Silver metalic finish with standard sized playing cards"

... :) ... I saw this, but what means "silver metalic finish" ? ... I believe, that it somehow looks like silver. But if I see a silver colored car, I also don't believe, that it is made from silver.

Sherryl

I didn't mean to give the impression it was a real silver deck - not for less than $10. It has a very shiny, synthetic appearance. In fact, some of the pip symbols look like holograms. I love glittery things (a holdover from my former life as a crow) so this novelty deck was worth a couple of dollars.

Sherryl

Huck

Sherryl said:
I didn't mean to give the impression it was a real silver deck - not for less than $10. It has a very shiny, synthetic appearance. In fact, some of the pip symbols look like holograms. I love glittery things (a holdover from my former life as a crow) so this novelty deck was worth a couple of dollars.

Sherryl

Yes, I understand.
... :) ... For the Historical Research part of the forum we usually focus on older decks, by which we learn something about the earlier development of playing cards (and Tarot). So in the sources, which I referred to, there was also reference to two 20th century decks made from real silver ... I left them out, cause it's really not so interesting here, what was done in 20th century. Mostly we've 14th, 15th, 16th century topics, only occasionally a little later.

The real-silver decks from Augsburg 1590-1620 are interesting, cause they were decks for really rich persons, and a good part of the 15th century Trionfi-Tarot decks were also for very rich persons, this connects the both groups of decks. From the iconographic point of view they are not so interesting.