The "Soprafino Tarot" pattern

Richard

Thanks. I have the AIT. It doesn't have as much detail as a real Soprafino. The Classic has too many words on it for my taste.
I love the Classic except for the keywords, so I never use it. If I ever get a decent trimmer, I'll simply guillotine off the words. It will mess up the backs, but who reads the backs anyhow?

conurelover

I love the Classic except for the keywords, so I never use it. If I ever get a decent trimmer, I'll simply guillotine off the words. It will mess up the backs, but who reads the backs anyhow?

The Classic is still really pretty though. I would give that deck as a gift to someone.

Sherryl

I've just browsed through your website. I can't believe no one else has commented on it. You've put together a wealth of information. I struggle with non-scenic pip cards and usually I just go blank but you've managed to bring these cards alive with your exercises. I have Soprafino decks that I would love to be able to read. I can't wait to try out your methods. :)

Emily,
Thanks so much for your kind words about my website. I try to get word out about it on my facebook page, but it seems destined to be a secret garden for the few who manage to find it.

minhnguyen0691

Hi everyone, I don't know if anyone has noted this but I look at my deck today and found that the justice is number 8. And the card number for strength is 11 (which is different from wait smith). Anyone has an idea abt this ?

KhonsuMes

The order in the Soprafino is the standard historical order (except for some very early and non-standard decks).

The Golden Dawn swapped Justice and Strength - and the Rider/Waite/Smith was created by members of the Golden Dawn. (Not ALL members stuck to the GD order though, as evidenced by the Crowley Thoth).

Here are a couple of links to get you started:
http://www.rendingtheveil.com/blog/2007/06/21/order-tarot-trumps/

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/links/history.shtml

Longer treatments are available in book form of course, here are two excellent ones:
The Tarot: History, Symbolism and Divination (Robert Place)
and
A Wicked Pack of Cards (Decker, DePaulis, Dummett)