tarot size. the standard and small. question...

gorgeousbutterfly

i have a question about the difference in seeing the symbolism and reading them from the standard version versus the smaller version. i have the standard, its large , larger then my hands and so hard to shuffle and find it a hassle to even use them because of it. i am thinking of a smaller deck but worried i won't be able to read them intutively as well because of the symbols. what is your takes? thanxs :)

Edge

Do you mean you think you would have trouble seeing the symbolism in a smaller deck because the size of the card is smaller? I too have a large Thoth and your right it's a little difficult to shuffle and you need lots of room to do a large spread. I just do the best I can with it. I'll probably pick up a smaller size deck myself. Perhaps for personal study and contemplation you could use the large deck and for readings the smaller...just a suggestion.

thinbuddha

There are three sizes currently available:

There is small, which is quite small- smaller than a deck of poker cards.
Standard which is about the size of a deck of poker cards
& large- which is probably what you have.

I use a large deck that has had the borders and titles trimmed off- which makes it aboutthe size of a standard deck. The advantages are mainly that it is *much* easier to work with and (to my eye) *much more attractive. The only disadvantage comes if you haven't memorized all the cards or the astrological attributions (which I don't use) or if you really like the borders.

To me, even with borders on the deck, I prefer the large version. I would probably buy something a little bigger if it was out there, but not *too* much bigger.

-tb