Any new Crystal chats?

HearthCricket

You are sweet! Thank you! I honestly look about me and think I have so much, but I keep looking through books or going to stores and seeing things I haven't a single piece of...and I am talking more general stones. For the longest while I did not have a decent piece of turquoise, then finally our local store brought in a 48.00 chunk and after a few visits it still sat there, I finally bought it. Now it is on my altar. I am so glad I got it because it is the perfect size and doing its job, too! Even though I have always been a rockhound, I sold my collection off long ago, and only in the past three years have I been acquiring crystals and stones for spiritual and healing purposes, so everyone is pretty darn new! Right now I am on the ultimate hunt for pink and blue stones and a nice chunk of rose quartz. I have smaller polished ones and a rose quartz Kwan Yin, owl and angel, but no rough chunks. But this lavender one took my breath away and is gorgeous when you hold it up to the light. A lovely subtle lavender colour. I love it!

morticia monroe

HearthCricket said:
You are sweet! Thank you! I honestly look about me and think I have so much, but I keep looking through books or going to stores and seeing things I haven't a single piece of...and I am talking more general stones. For the longest while I did not have a decent piece of turquoise, then finally our local store brought in a 48.00 chunk and after a few visits it still sat there, I finally bought it. Now it is on my altar. I am so glad I got it because it is the perfect size and doing its job, too! Even though I have always been a rockhound, I sold my collection off long ago, and only in the past three years have I been acquiring crystals and stones for spiritual and healing purposes, so everyone is pretty darn new! Right now I am on the ultimate hunt for pink and blue stones and a nice chunk of rose quartz. I have smaller polished ones and a rose quartz Kwan Yin, owl and angel, but no rough chunks. But this lavender one took my breath away and is gorgeous when you hold it up to the light. A lovely subtle lavender colour. I love it!

Hah, I'm the SAME way! Kevin laughs at me because every time I find a new piece or two I say "There! That's all I need!" It lasts for a few days to a month, then I see something else..

I had a good collection going, and then my ex burned my house down :( (guess I pissed him off) ,,,anyways, like you I just began purchasing again about two years ago.

I'm your girl for rough rose if you want it....soon as school is out (end of May), I'm heading back to Hot Springs for a few days and a chunk of rose quartz the size of a large man's fist will run you 4 or 5 dollars. I'll holler before I go, and anyone wanting a piece can let me know,,,If you haven't found a piece by then, HC, I'll get a few and let you choose.

Minrice got that orange calcite for me, and I want to thank her publicly,,, I am so glad to have friends here who are so kind and also glad to be able to be a friend as well.

I like thatlavender piece too,,,the light ones are just as lovely, IMO.

HearthCricket

I am really discouraged with our local store. They used to have so many lovely crystals that is was impossible to leave that store without grabbing a bunch and you always left behind about 5 more you truly wanted. Now they are not doing well and while rumour had it that they would be moving, it looks more like they will end up closing. I asked them when they would be getting more crystals in and they said they won't be. :(

I have had a lot of luck buying online, but it still isn't the same as picking out the exact specimen that you want. What a pity, because that was their strong point and what most people seemed to buy most from them. Now I am just trying to grab what I like and financially can between now and the next few months before they close down.

I am also trying to find a nice website that sells lovely puffy hearts...not the little tiny ones, but something about 2 inches across. Any ideas, anyone? They used to carry tons of them, but haven't a single heart in there now.

morticia monroe

Take heart,,,I live in the Bible Belt. People don't DO rock shops down here,,,OR anything metaphysical (the exception being New Orleans, which is 118 miles away). I've had to buy many many of my pieces online and like you, I've been lucky.

Hot Springs, to me, is like (no offense intended to anyone) going to Mecca. :) I just want to live in the middle of a big old mountain of stones....

try here for your hearts

http://www.phoenixorion.com/phoenixorion/crystalshapes2.htm

Briar Rose

I checked out that site Lark, they are wickedly expensive from what I have seen on some wholesale prices.

Puffy hearts on the site are $10.00 a piece and at the wholesale show they are $1.00 a piece, same size.

The the Crsystal sphere's; at the wholesale show the sphere's the size of sunkissed oranges were $12.00. Smaller sphere's here are $100 and up.

Wow, expenisve. Even if you double the wholesale prices I have, they are expensive.

But the site is nice to get ideas.

HearthCricket

Depending on the stone and how hard it is to carve into a heart shape, they can range from 8.00 to 38.00 around here. I have paid some hefty prices for those hearts! I don't want lots of them, but there are some that just speak to me, personally. So, the hunt is on!

LeaRoseQuartz

HearthCricket, your new stones are so beautiful! I really love your buddah and your lavender amethyst. Wow! Also, did you see the orb under your pieces, against the windowsill!? How cool! Orbs enjoy gems, too!

Briar Rose

Next time I go to the wholesale show I'll post it, so if anyone wants anything you can let me know.