The Exaltation Tarot

venicebard

Yeah, one need consider the relation of these two orientations: that with north up, where most people point, and that with cancer north and north ‘towards the center of the earth’. The latter (used for the houses) is affixed on the sun's course for north and south, as you say, with spring equinox east like sunrise: it is oriented like the beast on all fours and must have to do with the shamanic journey.

The astrologer and the shaman actually perform identical tasks, but by different methods: traveling the astral realm to retrieve power to affect the here-and-now. The twist is, that the ‘animal’ faces east while the zodiac symbol ultimately faces the horizon without, which could be east-or-west-or-in-between but is symbolized by west (i.e. ‘limit’).

I have always suspected the zodiac of having a sense in which it faces east in spite of ‘out’ being west—east being the worldly orientation, I guess, since we travel east with earth’s crust. This sense would consist in the fact that ‘departure outward from up’ (taurus) and ‘approach to down from without’ (virgo) are both on the triad pointing east—as if the round were twisted into 3 rounds and went N-E-S-W-N-E-S-W-N-E-S-W(-N). One can deduce from this that the first lesser round would be the thinker’s, the second the doer’s, the third the knower’s. Thus thinker’s east is turned outward, aligned with that of the doer whose body draws it eastward, this being the state explored further by the horoscope (the houses)... whilst knower remains oriented with east turned within (the anti-cosmic viewpoint). Makes sense to me. (That was a joke, not because it doesn’t but because I may be the only one to whom it does.)

Just thinking out loud, sorry.

Fulgour

venicebard said:
Just thinking out loud, sorry.
Questions and Comments will be honoured and welcome.
Please feel free to express your views in any manner. :)

venicebard

I checked out yer graphic, and...

I get 21 as fire: it is the fire breath (AA-phoenix-palm) in Qabbalah, but as a simple, teyt (you have it shin, I know). If 13 is water, it is water as spilt blood—which I guess intermediate mem could be interpreted to be, but ironic, since I am inclined to attribute the quality ‘anger’ to XIII (from the twelve in Sefer Yetzirah), it being the bardic N, negation, whereas you have this trump as M, meaning “mm,” the sweetness of knowledge: I would call that ironic as hell. 4 being the vowel of spring (O) does mean the emperor is out campaigning, no doubt about that. Yes, your planets fit fairly well, Jupiter a little more warlike than usual perhaps and the sun is not a star, but this is non known in very many circles, I grant you. Oh, 11 is Force (I was thinking perhaps you had traded with Justice, 8, as the alef-Fool crowd does). I guess you interpret Mercury in this trump as eloquence?

When it comes to simples, boy, I thought I had it difficult, trying to explain Justice as the wielder of the scales, not the scales themselves: you have it off by a right angle from either one—at least I got it on the same axis as libra! Better rethink that one. And how is the Wheel the Virgin? Temperance I could see as scorpio in the sense of the Covenant, perhaps (I call scorpio, the 8th sign, the heh that was added to Abraham thereupon, making it the 8th day, but as trump 2). Don’t really get sagittary, capricorn, or pisces: where are the fish, in the drops of water? (just joking: there are no fish in my choice for pisces either, Arcanum XIII)

Fulgour

8 Justice & 11 Strength, et al.

I don't really confuse Attributes & Arcana,
but I do enjoy not having to worry about it
~ these are my shoes, my mile to walk. :)

Fulgour

Please feel free to save a copy for yourself!

I've created a view of the Exaltation Tarot diagram
as an attchment ~ and added it to the first post...
but here it is too, in case you happen to be visiting:

Attachments

• EXALTarotZodiac115b.JPG
    EXALTarotZodiac115b.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 141