glyphs for the quadruplicities?

hunter

Are there any glyphs to represent the 3 quadriplicities: Cardinal, fixed, mutable?

Minderwiz

Not that I'm aware of but as anyone can design a glyph, someone somewhere probably has or is about to. However someone designing one does not give it any general acceptance.

hunter

Thanks! I guess I'll just use C, F and M for now.

Bernice

Glyphs of 3 quadriplicities

hunter said:
Are there any glyphs to represent the 3 quadriplicities: Cardinal, fixed, mutable?
Yes indeed there are.

Short of posting a pic, this is what they are;

Cardinal = An upside down vee with a dot in it.
Fixed = A square with a dot in it.
Mutable = An upside down U with a dot in it.

Bee :)

P.S. I didn't invent them - been using them since the mid-60s when I first came across them. (From old books found in the libraray).

cardlady22

Now the real trick:
finding a computer font that has included them. :laugh:

hunter

Thank you both so much! I really wanted glyphs, since there seems to be a glyph for everything else.

I bought a cheap deck of playing cards and want to draw glyphs on them. Now I just need to find a pen that won't rub off the ultra slick lamination :-0

Minderwiz

BerniceP.S. I didn't invent them - been using them since the mid-60s when I first came across them. (From old books found in the libraray).[/QUOTE said:
Bee,

Have you come across them in other books? I've read loads of Astrology books and never met them (though my memory is possibly failing). Lilly is glyph mad and doesn't use them, though he hardly ever writes the name of a planet or sign.

It would be interesting to find out the who, when and where - especially before using them in any public way.

Bernice

Hi Minderwiz,

I've got out my old/early notebooks, flipping through them.
I see I have these glyphs in a section with notes taken from a mixture of Davidson, Hone, and a bit of Jeff Mayo. I'll post back when I've looked through all the writings (two very large books).

Bee :)

eta: ......found a couple of sentences (with one of these glyphs) marked as "Sepharial".

Bernice

....in the meantime, here's one of the early pages in one of the books. I listed everything I found before making further notes. Maybe the 'names' of these groups of planets/sighs might provide a clue.

Bear in mind I wrote them a *long* time ago :)

Bee

P.S. Had problems uploading this. Hope it's still readable.

Attachments

• Glyphs-CFMd.jpg
    Glyphs-CFMd.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 113