What are your thoughts on the infamous "Happy Squirrel" card?

Barleywine

if the squirrel comes up in a reading its the tarot's way of being "cute" or telling a joke. :) (i just made that up)

Either that or it secretly covets your acorns. Just sayin' . . .

I've had too many "Bird Feeder Wars" with them. You wouldn't believe how many contraptions I invented to keep them off, none of which worked for long. The simplest solution was to buy a squirrel-proof feeder or two and let the squirrels eat what the clumsy birds drop on the ground. Perfect symbiosis! Happy squirrels! On the other hand, I've had squirrel stew, and it's delicious . . .

I would like to see a "Squirrel Hunter" card just to balance things. You know, coonskin cap, musket. If they both come up in a reading, one would cancel the other out.

Hopefuldreamer

That episode is the reason I got into tarot. I actually wouldn't mind finding a deck with The Happy Squirrel in it. I think I was eight or nine when I saw that episode. I asked my mom about it, but she told me not to worry about it. I ended up reading up a lot about tarot in the library and I even wanted to try and get my own cards. That was when I found out that you could use a normal deck of cards for Cartomancy. When I was in my teens I would try and learn more about Tarot, but it wasn't until I moved out on my own that I finally got my own deck. I've had to replace them a few times. I didn't even know The Happy Squirrel was a thing in other Tarot decks. I just always remember that episode.

There was another episode where Lisa and her friends did something with wax and water, and that made me look more into Divination too. So I guess The Simpsons influenced me a lot. :)

I think I'll try and get a Happy Squirrel deck now that I know it exists.

Michellehihi

Either that or it secretly covets your acorns. Just sayin' . . .

I've had too many "Bird Feeder Wars" with them. You wouldn't believe how many contraptions I invented to keep them off, none of which worked for long. The simplest solution was to buy a squirrel-proof feeder or two and let the squirrels eat what the clumsy birds drop on the ground. Perfect symbiosis! Happy squirrels! On the other hand, I've had squirrel stew, and it's delicious . . .

I would like to see a "Squirrel Hunter" card just to balance things. You know, coonskin cap, musket. If they both come up in a reading, one would cancel the other out.

Tell me where you got this squirrel proof feeder. I also tried everything, including hiding in the garden with a shovel, motionless, and wait for them, and then JUMP!

decan

The only deck that I have with "the Happy Squirrel" is actually on my cellphone, it is the International Icon Tarot
...and it is the only card without any comment!! It's quite creepy :D

Barleywine

Tell me where you got this squirrel proof feeder. I also tried everything, including hiding in the garden with a shovel, motionless, and wait for them, and then JUMP!

Wow! Squirrel pancakes? This is OT so I will send you a PM.

lantana

There's a Happy Squirrel card in the Wooden Tarot, which gives me a trickster vibe. Sort of a mix of a really positive Seven of Swords and The Fool. Sometimes it seems like it's telling me to "get mine" and other times it feels like a sort of mocking unknown card, like a "I know the answer but I won't tell you!" sort of thing.

The other Happy Squirrel card I know of is the Shadowscapes one which is beautiful, though the squirrel looks more like a weird ferret to me.

page of wands

There's a Happy Squirrel card in the Wooden Tarot, which gives me a trickster vibe. Sort of a mix of a really positive Seven of Swords and The Fool. Sometimes it seems like it's telling me to "get mine" and other times it feels like a sort of mocking unknown card, like a "I know the answer but I won't tell you!" sort of thing.

The other Happy Squirrel card I know of is the Shadowscapes one which is beautiful, though the squirrel looks more like a weird ferret to me.

that's how i learned about the squirrel joke! i saw the shadowscapes squirrel card.

willowy

I love squirrels,used to put nuts out for them in my garden,so many people are against them,which is ashame as they're beautiful intelligent little creatures,who add alot of beauty to the world,yeah I know they eat bird food but obviously they're hungry then too-put them out afew nuts and they'll leave the birds stuff alone.
I like the happy squirrel cards in my touchstone and silohette tarots,and view them them lightheartedly.

Barleywine

I love squirrels,used to put nuts out for them in my garden,so many people are against them,which is ashame as they're beautiful intelligent little creatures,who add alot of beauty to the world,yeah I know they eat bird food but obviously they're hungry then too-put them out afew nuts and they'll leave the birds stuff alone.
I like the happy squirrel cards in my touchstone and silohette tarots,and view them them lightheartedly.

I would be perfectly agreeable to a "Happy Chipmunk" card. I have too much history with squirrels . . .

Michellehihi

All these comments will help you, page of wands, to understand this card when it shows up: we all like the look of a squirrel, so cute, fluffy tail, BUT we also all know what this animal is capable of....