Tower + 9 of cups as outcome/ love

LuzBlanca

I found these two cards to be quite interesting! and I've never had them before... for some reason although the tower is perhaps one of the scariest cards I recall from tarot reader jorodowsky who said the tower also meant a party, an event, etc..

Tower-9 of cups
so these two cards for some reason struck me as "A sudden happy surprise, or a sudden and shocking wish coming true"... (9 of cups seen often as the wish card)

but

9 of cups-Tower
then I find the meaning changes due to the position of the cards, in this case I would read it as the opposite, perhaps as gluttony or overindulgence (in whatever) leads to destruction, to the worst, the tower...

Have any of you had these two pairings in such sequence?

Leila_selda

Hi LuzBlanca,

I also had this combo when i was asking what would happen between me and my ex.
I did get what i wanted. For me and him to talk agian. But it wasent what i was expecting. It was more painfull than joy. So i see this combo as becarefull what you wish for. That was my experience with these two.
I found these two cards to be quite interesting! and I've never had them before... for some reason although the tower is perhaps one of the scariest cards I recall from tarot reader jorodowsky who said the tower also meant a party, an event, etc..

Tower-9 of cups
so these two cards for some reason struck me as "A sudden happy surprise, or a sudden and shocking wish coming true"... (9 of cups seen often as the wish card)

but

9 of cups-Tower
then I find the meaning changes due to the position of the cards, in this case I would read it as the opposite, perhaps as gluttony or overindulgence (in whatever) leads to destruction, to the worst, the tower...

Have any of you had these two pairings in such sequence?

LuzBlanca

Hi LuzBlanca,

I also had this combo when i was asking what would happen between me and my ex.
I did get what i wanted. For me and him to talk agian. But it wasent what i was expecting. It was more painfull than joy. So i see this combo as becarefull what you wish for. That was my experience with these two.

I agree! I also got the feeling of "be careful what you wish for" and the 9 of cups is a bit of a indulgence card as well, which often leads to other things. I have yet to see what happens on my end but I am thinking something pertaining to a "happy" surprise and feeling overindulged (myself) in the results, as if one got their way (suddenly), but then other things arriving later.

This place tarotheaven.com/tower.html has it as
Tower and Nine of Cups:
a. Being pleasantly surprised with meeting a love interest that you
and previously dismissed (It hits you like a bolt of lightening out of
the blue).

so similar to your experience, exactly like a "bolt of lightening"

Leila_selda

I do think you wish will be fullfilled. But it wouldent be like what you expect. And yes it hit me like a bolt of lighting. Because he was so different then he used to be. I was kinda disgusted off him. And decided to back down.

Yeah i also read a lot of tarotheaven it is a good website.

But it was deffently a sudden unexpected strike.
I hope all goes well
I agree! I also got the feeling of "be careful what you wish for" and the 9 of cups is a bit of a indulgence card as well, which often leads to other things. I have yet to see what happens on my end but I am thinking something pertaining to a "happy" surprise and feeling overindulged (myself) in the results, as if one got their way (suddenly), but then other things arriving later.

This place tarotheaven.com/tower.html has it as
Tower and Nine of Cups:
a. Being pleasantly surprised with meeting a love interest that you
and previously dismissed (It hits you like a bolt of lightening out of
the blue).

so similar to your experience, exactly like a "bolt of lightening"

LuzBlanca

I do think you wish will be fullfilled. But it wouldent be like what you expect. And yes it hit me like a bolt of lighting. Because he was so different then he used to be. I was kinda disgusted off him. And decided to back down.

Yeah i also read a lot of tarotheaven it is a good website.

But it was deffently a sudden unexpected strike.
I hope all goes well

Yes, I see why it would be a shocking surprise, because we haven't talked in forever, and I am still expecting an apology, I think the 9 of cups will be finally getting him to just "burst" everything out, now, the content of what he will say is a different story.

I will update this thread for sure, these cards are interesting pairs.

Leila_selda

Yeah the content of what he will say will be unexpected thats for sure :p

And yes i agree it is a very interesting combo šŸ˜‰

I hope my feedback helped you :)

Yes, I see why it would be a shocking surprise, because we haven't talked in forever, and I am still expecting an apology, I think the 9 of cups will be finally getting him to just "burst" everything out, now, the content of what he will say is a different story.

I will update this thread for sure, these cards are interesting pairs.

EmpyreanKnight

In the love outcome position, I would also interpret Tower + 9 of Cups as a warning not to take your relationship for granted or you might be in for a rude awakening in the future. While it does not necessarily mean breaking up, at the very least it will rock your relationship to its very foundation. The contentment, happiness, and almost smug complacency of the 9 of Cups might make one of the parties blind to the cracks in their partnership that may already be widening. Both must never assume that his/her position is so impregnable that in the event of a huge crisis, the other would just buckle up and give in. It might be time to take stock of where the relationship is currently to prevent any major break from happening.

LuzBlanca

Well... I have some feedback now that things have happened... I am assuming this is it, it was definitely a "tower" moment... and yes, although the 9 of cups is there, the mix of these two cars is definitely a bitter/sweet feel.

well, I went to my local cafe to do some work and my ex plays music there as well, it was the first time we've been around each other for that long since we broke up 6 years ago so that was awkward, but we were in contact recently but that ended really bad, so being around was even that more awkward.
I thought he was clear I am just NOT someone he should approach, but he did and I ignored him, it was so quick and unexpected that I just could not find the words or actions to even be polite, I just flat out ignored him.

The "tower" moment I would say was that one of the band members (I am sure unaware about what's going on with me and his music partner (my ex) ended up hitting on me right then!....geeshhh!!!!!!

I mean for a moment it was like OMG, what a thing! a guy hitting on me right in-front of my ex! and happens to be his friend/acquaintance!lol.... for a moment it was like the best thing that could have happened to me (9 of cups, wish card) whether the cares or not for my ex to feel what's like seeing or knowing I'm dating (or could) someone he knows...

because that's what I went through, this ex ended up dating a woman I met during his gigs and it was very hurtful to me because I knew her and was there when they met.

Talk about the world going around.

Now I don't know what to do...... go ahead and date his friend, or not....... lol

Leila_selda

Hahaha karma is a bitch :p lol. Very interesting update :p
And also very "Tower" awkward moment hahha. You should do what feels right. If he's cute and fun. I would totally date him if i were you ;)
Well... I have some feedback now that things have happened... I am assuming this is it, it was definitely a "tower" moment... and yes, although the 9 of cups is there, the mix of these two cars is definitely a bitter/sweet feel.

well, I went to my local cafe to do some work and my ex plays music there as well, it was the first time we've been around each other for that long since we broke up 6 years ago so that was awkward, but we were in contact recently but that ended really bad, so being around was even that more awkward.
I thought he was clear I am just NOT someone he should approach, but he did and I ignored him, it was so quick and unexpected that I just could not find the words or actions to even be polite, I just flat out ignored him.

The "tower" moment I would say was that one of the band members (I am sure unaware about what's going on with me and his music partner (my ex) ended up hitting on me right then!....geeshhh!!!!!!

I mean for a moment it was like OMG, what a thing! a guy hitting on me right in-front of my ex! and happens to be his friend/acquaintance!lol.... for a moment it was like the best thing that could have happened to me (9 of cups, wish card) whether the cares or not for my ex to feel what's like seeing or knowing I'm dating (or could) someone he knows...

because that's what I went through, this ex ended up dating a woman I met during his gigs and it was very hurtful to me because I knew her and was there when they met.

Talk about the world going around.

Now I don't know what to do...... go ahead and date his friend, or not....... lol