Sacred Circle Study Group

Nitegoddess

Triquetra and others interested..
Should we start a new thread with the below requirements??
I would love to see this just take off. I started an outline but didn't want to step on anyone's toes. I should have my deck by tomorrow they tell me... So I am anxious... Let me know if you want me to start a new thread with my outline.

To begin, write a post with an outline and table of contents describing what you want to cover in your group, and in what sequence.

If your group is successful and reaches ten threads and a hundred posts, it will be moved to its own forum Previous study groups have become major forums - Tarot Deck Creation and Runes are examples.

mj07

hmm....

sorry, nitegoddess, I don't understand, draw up an outline? like, a silibus?

Nitegoddess

That is another way to put it MJ...

This is what I found about starting a group:

To begin, write a post with an outline and table of contents describing what you want to cover in your group, and in what sequence.

If your group is successful and reaches ten threads and a hundred posts, it will be moved to its own forum Previous study groups have become major forums - Tarot Deck Creation and Runes are examples.

I personally think that having an outline would be great. It will help others see how slow or fast we intend on going through the deck.
Any suggestions???

Kazz

Hi Nitegoddess,
Yes that is how you start a study group in here, from what I have been told previously. I think it goes.....once we start a new thread and we a ready to go (providing we have enough people I think) it will then become the "Sacred Circle Study Group" in the 'study groups' section of the forum. Do NOT quote me on that though, as I am unsure if that is totally correct but then if it becomes 10 threads in that section and 100 posts etc, I think that is when it will become it's own forum...phew!
But hey I could be wrong (it tends to happen;)) But I will go with the flow, however you guys want to start I will be quite happy to go with the majority...I am just happy that we have interested people in this deck:D and I am SOOOO looking forward to it :):)

Cheers
Kazz

OH!!! Btw...I have started doing daily cards with this deck. It is the best way to learn about the cards IMHO, and so far they have been unbelievabley accurate, more so that before when I have used them.
I think this study group was the best idea!

Phoenyx*

Nitegoddess said:
Triquetra and others interested..
Should we start a new thread with the below requirements??
I would love to see this just take off. I started an outline but didn't want to step on anyone's toes. I should have my deck by tomorrow they tell me... So I am anxious... Let me know if you want me to start a new thread with my outline.

Yeah Nite, go ahead and write it up. I've tried to, but my thoughts are so scattered....maybe I should draw a card and see what it says! ;)

lunakasha

Hi Nitegoddess and Triquetra (and all):

I think having an outline is an excellent idea!!! I would like to help in getting it together, if that is OK...I don't want to stomp on any toes either :eek: LOL!!!

Just a thought: in other study groups I've noticed that they study a specific card each week and post their interpretations of it....if we did something like that, it is just a matter of figuring out the order of cards we want to study....

That's all I've come up with so far, but I think it should be more than that....hmmm.....let me know what you all are thinking, OK?

I can't wait....this is gonna be so much fun!!!

:D Luna

Nitegoddess

Ok, I will post an outline and I have to ask Kazz what is IMHO?? I am new to the online lingo.. Help me out!! :)
I should have my cards tomorrow and I will post a new thread to start the group with the outline.

lark

I -In
M -My
H- Humble
O - Opinion

mooncat2

Hi all,

Count me in too - I've had this deck for ages but never really got into it so maybe now's the time!

Phoenyx*

lunakasha said:
Hi Nitegoddess and Triquetra (and all):
<snipped>
Just a thought: in other study groups I've noticed that they study a specific card each week and post their interpretations of it....if we did something like that, it is just a matter of figuring out the order of cards we want to study....

:D Luna

Yeah, this was my original thought: there are 5 "groups" of cards within the deck, each of the suits and the Major Arcana. Maybe we could start with an overview of each group, see if there are any overwhelming differences (or similarities) between the cards in that group (for instance in the Wands, the sky changes from clear, to cloudy, to stormy, back to clear within the Wands suit...that might be an insight as to the card), then going through each particular card. Perhaps even a certain plant that's in each (or a majority of) cards within the suit.

Any other ideas?

~T~