Golden Tarot -- Ace of Swords

Prism

A severe looking angel stands facing us and taking up most of the card. We see him from about the waist up. He's wearing an attractive robe of brown and white, over which is a brown wrap over one shoulder. He wears a jewel in his curly blond hair. His ornate gold wings and halo add to the effect of high standing in the world -- or the Next World, in his case. He must be of high rank.

He holds a sword upright and pointed slightly to the right in his right hand. It pierces a small gold crown that hangs near its hilt. Maybe this implies that his power is greater than that of kings. In his left hand he holds a green, leafy plant -- perhaps implying the opportunity for new growth. A butterfly approaches from his left side. It looks to me as though it is bringing the angel a message -- he might be his spy.

Behind the angel is a partly cloudy sky.

He makes quite an impression. I think of the avenging angel. With his sword he brings a new opportunity for clear thinking -- no emotional baggage to cloud the issue when he's around. If there is any nonsense going down, this angel will know all about it and clean things right up.

celticnoodle

I think this is the Archangel Gabriel. I could be wrong, but AA Gabriel is the messenger of God himself. He is also known as the Archangel with the golden curls, so the picture fits him well.

His power is greater then that of mere mortal kings. he, being an Archangel is 'one of the seven, who stand before the Lord" (Tobit 12:15) and in his own words, "I am Gabriel, who stands before God" (Luke 1:19). the rank of Archangel is very high! I believe the gold ornate wings and halo also support his status.

Yes, he is severe looking, but I feel it is because when he has a message to deliver, it is quite important. Representing the Ace of Swords, when this card shows up in your reading, you can be sure that an answer is either coming to you, or rcvd by you. It's an answer that is of great importance, whether it be to inspire you or to offer you an answer to a problem you are dealing with. being upright it indicates success and is an in your face kind of revelation. intense. that is also how he looks to me--intense.

I think the green thing he is holding is an olive branch. which is symbolic of peace. So, again, when this card appears upright, it could suggest an answer to something that has been long anticipated.

holding the sword upright seems to show the serious-ness of this. The butterfly that is approaching can be symbolic of messages being brought to Gabriel to be given to "the Great Spirit", or God. They are also symbolic of change, joy and color, transformation and is thought to be closely tied to spirits and souls. The clouds shown in the background can indicate the seriousness of the situation that this card will be speaking of possibly. Like an answer to problems that exist or may exist. if being upright anyways.