what you absolutely cannot stand in any deck

Amanda

I absolutely cannot stand more than one language on a card. For that reason, I absolutely loathe most of the Lo Scarabeo decks, even though the artwork is stunning. I just cant get past that.

Same here.

Carla

After collecting decks so long and being rather picky, there is still only one thing I can say I hate in all decks and that is limp dicks!
(can i write that?)

Okay, that made me laugh out loud.

I absolutely cannot stand multiple languages on a deck. For some reason it really bothers me. The other stuff, I'm okay with. Except maybe for limp dicks. But then, turgid ones would also be troublesome. I'm sure there are other things that evade my mind at the moment.

magpie9

Bad Art. If you can't draw, find someone who can to draw your deck for you. It makes me so sad that Rachael Pollack's "Shining Tribe" remains impenetrable to so many of us because the art is so awful. I just can't get past it.

eurydicesdreams

I feel bad for saying it, but going along with copyright marks (which I do detest), I pretty thoroughly dislike artist signatures. I mean, I love Shadowscapes and I adore Stephanie Pui-Mun Law's work, but come on, I *know* it's hers… I sometimes find myself peering at cards, thinking that something is a minor detail, and then find out that it's a signature. Same with Ciro Marchetti. Yuck!

amethyst57

not a big fan of abstract art (unless it's picasso)...
or too youthful designs on the cards...or tv/movie oriented....
mythology has to be true, not someone's fancy, i.e. virtue's angels etc...

(btw, love other languages on cards, esp. German, Polish, or Czech...)

VGimlet

Bad Art is probably number one. So many decks have had interesting ideas, but the art is awful.

Also huge frames (not borders), like tarot bear, I am talking about those wretched artistic frames around the art. Bleh. Why? I find it makes the deck very hard for me to use.

Also not a fan of photographic decks, with very few exeptions. I don't mean the ones that are photographed and then transformed using computer programs (some of those can be lovely, if done well) but the decks that use photographs. For the most part, I find them horrid.

Annabelle

Bad art, especially bad digital art of the sort that looks like a 1990's video game. (I have nothing against good digital art, though).

I also cannot stand decks that are bound to a very specific story & characters, for which the details in the cards are meaningless without having read the companion book.

le_charior

After collecting decks so long and being rather picky, there is still only one thing I can say I hate in all decks and that is limp dicks!
(can i write that?)

haha love it! best post in a long time :)

Phoenix

Bad art, especially bad digital art of the sort that looks like a 1990's video game. (I have nothing against good digital art, though).
Agreed. I can't read with the Sacted Circle because of the animation, but I find the CGI on The Pictorial Key Tarot to be much nicer.

Sar

(can i write that?)

Limp dicks, you mean like flaccid penis's?

Well, it would have been moving to have an Emperor or Devil with a huge erection, once in a while....