Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Last month of DEC PUB

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

Yeah, I remember the anxiety with James as he got older and I felt I couldn't rightly do the "where are you going, who with and what time will you be home" routine, and just left him to live his life. We talked about it and agreed that if he was home when a meal was cooked then a portion would be cooked for him. If he wasn't home, he could fix his own food when he got in. Aside from that, we talked about what he'd been doing and where he'd gone but in a chatty way because we were sharing about what we'd each been up to.

It took me ages to be able to sleep at night knowing he wasn't home, and I had no idea where he was or when he'd get in .... if he came back at all. It was soooo scary! He tells me now that he really appreciated it, and was grateful. It was freedom, even though he still lived with us, and it was a kind of half way house to the fully independent living he has now.
Top   #521
Citizen

Est 

G'morning

yira, I'm glad Jack got home ok... scary when you don't know for sure. I still have that with G sometimes thanks to his weird work shifts and phone being permanently on silent in his pocket

Chiska, good news about your car

Hi everyone else
Top   #522
Citizen

Est 

... and I'm gone again - see you all later
Top   #523
Citizen

EllieP 

So I get here too late as usual. My fault for being such a lie-abed (or rather a late-to-bed-cos-reading sort of person).

Dad is much better. Bro was ill in the night, so youngest bro taking over from further away (there's another one to go before they get to me. I'm the most far away of everyone, being nearly in Scotland )

yira - that is such a teenage scenario. I hope it doesn't happen too often. Their thinking brain doesn't fully nature till 23!!!!! Thought you controlled your reaction just brilliantly
Top   #524
Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

Hey Ellie - sorry to hear bro is poorly!

Chiska - yippee!! Car!!! Hurray

Today my Kindle Fire comes. Himself says that I ought to get it registered to my account today (we bought it on his 'cos he has a Prime account which gives free next day delivery and we ticked the "gift" box so that it wasn't registered to his account). The thinking is that if I wait until Christmas Day Amazon is going to be soooo busy that he isn't sure their servers will hold out! (I must admit that I will be sending e-vouchers up to Scotland & Shetland on the day and I suppose lots of others will too).

He also said I need anti-virus from what he was reading in the night. I'll go with ANYTHING EXCEPT AVG - because I cordially hate, loathe and despise AVG with all my heart and mind.
Top   #525
Citizen

Rhinemaiden 

Hooray for new car!

Hooray for new Kindle!

Hooray for Elliep's dad being better!

And why, pray tell Wendy, do you hate AVG???
Top   #526
Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

Have you ever tried getting it out? After you - ho, ho - use what they laughingly call their uninstall facility - try going through your computer with a fine toothcomb. It leaves masses of hopeful, sneaky files lying around the Registry ready to leap back into action when your back is turned. Or worse, still active but silent. I had to go through the Registry with the Search facility and take out every single file one by one.....

I hate any "protection" program that reports on my every on-line activity back to its masters who do who-knows-what with the info without having the balls to admit it!
Top   #527
Citizen

EllieP 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendywu View Post
Have you ever tried getting it out? After you - ho, ho - use what they laughingly call their uninstall facility - try going through your computer with a fine toothcomb. It leaves masses of hopeful, sneaky files lying around the Registry ready to leap back into action when your back is turned. Or worse, still active but silent. I had to go through the Registry with the Search facility and take out every single file one by one.....

I hate any "protection" program that reports on my every on-line activity back to its masters who do who-knows-what with the info without having the balls to admit it!
A lot of PC progs do that
You could go Apple

Glad it's coming - didnít know you'd need anti-v. What a pain. Kaspersky?
Top   #528
Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

I'll let himself sort out the anti-v bit - Kaspersky sounds good to me but if he has something else in mind that's OK with me

I had no idea that I'd need it but it makes sense since the Fire is far more than just a reader.

And I know a lot of pc programs are invasive but AVG was sooooo "it's for your own good" and secret about it that it totally pissed me off and I ripped out every AVG file in my machine, alternately swearing at the program and chortling with glee at its removal. I know Google does stuff but they up and say so, and they let me screw things up if I want to without leaping in to gently prevent me like nanny stopping a kiddie jumping in a puddle. Dammit, I want to jump in puddles. How else do I know how deep they are?
Top   #529
Citizen

EllieP 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendywu View Post
I'll let himself sort out the anti-v bit - Kaspersky sounds good to me but if he has something else in mind that's OK with me

I had no idea that I'd need it but it makes sense since the Fire is far more than just a reader.

And I know a lot of pc programs are invasive but AVG was sooooo "it's for your own good" and secret about it that it totally pissed me off and I ripped out every AVG file in my machine, alternately swearing at the program and chortling with glee at its removal. I know Google does stuff but they up and say so, and they let me screw things up if I want to without leaping in to gently prevent me like nanny stopping a kiddie jumping in a puddle. Dammit, I want to jump in puddles. How else do I know how deep they are?
A bit like the government these days, hey??

Must work now for the hour I think it will take me. Bit complicated. Laters...
Top   #530

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.