Deck of the Month - July 2013 - Sign-Up, Workplan, Discussion

merissa_88

Aeric, thanks so much for all your hard work. These exercises have been great!

conurelover

Thanks Aeric! I learned a lot!

merissa_88

Looking back on this month, I feel that I finally have one historical deck I truly feel comfortable with. The Visconti allowed me to really see the origins of a lot of Major Arcana imagery. I spent some time lurking on the Tarot History forum and now understand a little more about the cardinal virtues. Plus, after practicing Rachel Pollack's number/planet method of reading the pips, I feel more at home with non-scenic minors. The ARM exercises were perfect for a complex deck like this one.

My only complaint is the size of those cards. I read for someone this week with the LS Visconti Tarots - because I couldn't imagine handing someone the Cary-Yale to shuffle. unfortunately, you miss out on the female pages and knights that way. Maybe someone will make a smaller size of the Cary-Yale sometime. :)

Mi-Shell

Sorry, that I dropped of the face of the Earth right into a screaming craft show mele' :(
I did my past life spread and it told me, that i was too busy in my previous life as well....
Oh bummer! i am not learning anything....
But it is July and august and these are the 2 months where we have to make our money for the whole year.... and we do... But everything else is falling away.... just like every year....

Thank you, Aeric for the interesting exercises, that i am still working on/ with....
:)