Deck of the Month - July 2013 - Sign-Up, Workplan, Discussion

Aeric

Is it still possible to join?
I'd like to join with my Paulina deck...? :)
By all means. The Warm-Up was today and the first week is underway.

VampTarot23

warm-up

Sorry i am late . So here it is the backs, they remind me of art journaling.
The way they have hidden patterns in the layers of color.
Also the way the tree of life is colored brings to mind the Hermetic Rose Cross.

Attachments

• PIC_0224.JPG
    PIC_0224.JPG
    230.9 KB · Views: 45
  • PIC_0225.JPG
    PIC_0225.JPG
    219.3 KB · Views: 40
  • PIC_0228.JPG
    PIC_0228.JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 39

conurelover

What a cute little kitty!

My conure would probably try to eat the cards if I did that.

Kathy123

I assume in the Group spreads thread, intended for both group spreads and daily draws related to the Deck of the Month.

It was my understanding that anything you do with cards for Deck of the Month goes in the group thread, while anything non-Month related goes in its own thread. Is that right Kathy?

Previous months we have had the group spreads and daily draws in the separate thread. Any exercises involving the theme of the month were kept in this thread. The moderators will jump in and let you know if they want things differently :)

Kathy123

Book of Shadows - As Below - Warm Up

I took my deck out of the box today, and turned it over. The first thing I noticed about the backs was the trim in a muted green. The As Above deck is the same, but the trim is a midnight blue. Immediately, I related the connection. The green represents everything “earthy”, as below. I really like this connection between the two decks. For some reason, I thought they would be the same so that I could combine the two decks together, but this difference between them would make the cards from each deck very different from the back.

The card backs contain a triple moon goddess symbol, which is relevant to the theme of the deck. They are also reversible, which I am not quite sure how I feel about that yet. I know, from owning other decks that Barbara Moore does not work with reversals, and the other deck I have of hers. I am not comfortable with reversals, not yet. Therefore when I get a deck that can be read with reversals, I am always left with the question: “should I read with reversals or not with this deck”..... somehow I always find comfort in a deck where the backs don’t reverse because I don’t have to make that decision.

I did not connect to the As Above deck. I found that the “different from RWS” deck, I had a hard time working with. The wiccan themes I am not entirely familiar enough with to use this deck either. The “as below” deck is more every day occurrences, RWS based, but completely in today’s society. I am hoping that I will connect to this deck and in that, my connection to the as above deck will grow.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 41

Mi-Shell

My backs :
my backs are pale yellowish/ beige marbled card stock - and that's it:(
No design, no nothing on them.
When I first got the deck I even thought it was just a lovingly handmade re-print on textured card stock.
Then MoonGypsy and grerory told me otherwise.
I love this "handmade feel"
These backs iin some ways are like several of my drums: Same colour same marbled look. That makes them excellent for trance work. The Ego- brain does not get fixated on anything and so everything can float to the surface.....

Attachments

• DSCN1058.jpg
    DSCN1058.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 42

Mi-Shell

Isn't it annoying, when you have a nerd in the group , who does his/ her homework twice? ;)
Just so: Here are the backs of my Minchiate Fiorentine:
Blue/grey marbled - or how would you call that scatter pattern on the back?
The deck is a reproduction by Il Meneghello, Milano 1986
the deck comes in a sturdy brown marbled cardboard box with a red wax seal dot on it.
The deck is small - smaller than playing cards. The irregular way it is printed, the apparent smudges, individual to each card,its size and the back pattern give it an antique feel.
The deck I own has gone through many hands, I traded for it here on the forum and can sense, that It had at least 4 owners before me.
It was fun, getting it out for this exercise :)

Attachments

• Minchiate Fiorentine Il Meneghello.jpg
    Minchiate Fiorentine Il Meneghello.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 58

Kathy123

I assume in the Group spreads thread, intended for both group spreads and daily draws related to the Deck of the Month.

Is that right Kathy?
Yep, that is my understanding to :)

I have to say, that I am really enjoying seeing the back sides of the different decks :)

Kathy123

****R - Perform this five-card spread with these cards, inserting them into three of the positions and randomly choosing two more cards (any). How do these new cards change your perception of those whom you already know? How much of what you now discover affects what you previously believed when the characters stood alone?*****

So, just a question about this activity, because I have never done a draw with only selected cards. Of my three pre-selected majors, do I turn them over, shuffle them, place them randomly and then place two random cards from remainder of deck, or do I place the three majors strategically where I want them to fall?