Deck of the Month - July 2013 - Sign-Up, Workplan, Discussion

Aeric

Yes, it's random both times. Put your three cards face down, add two more face down, shuffle and place.

The goal of the exercise is to see how much preconceived notions are affected by new information when interpreting. You already know what your focus cards mean. The next two steps are examining how they are affected based on where they land, and then how the other two cards alter them.

Kathy123

Yes, it's random both times. Put your three cards face down, add two more face down, shuffle and place.

The goal of the exercise is to see how much preconceived notions are affected by new information when interpreting. You already know what your focus cards mean. The next two steps are examining how they are affected based on where they land, and then how the other two cards alter them.

conurelover

97 Minchiate cards to shuffle is driving me crazy.

Mi-Shell our Minchiate versions differ in coloring I believe...

Aeric I changed my requirement for the week a little and I drew four MA this month because there are 41. 1 traditional MA-the Juggler, 1 virtue-Faith, 1 element-Water, and 1 Zodiac-Pisces. Luckily water has an a dolphin on it. :)

Since I intend to study this more than one month I am going to make a Minchiate daily draw thread :)

Kathy123

I love that deck. I hope you have a great month with it! I wound up pairing it with the Gaian to do some of the two deck spreads from the book.

How did you find the "as above" deck?

Lil Red

They are reversible.

The back of the Sweet Twilight has 3 woman faces clouding their eyes while their hair covers most of their faces; to me it feels that they are hiding something secrets that it does not want to tell about themselves. You have to jump in and get to know them before they reveal themselves more like their inners self. Then there is a mask between the 4 women which for me means that it is time to take of the facet that people pretends to be. Be honest and do not be afraid to show how you really feel. Then there is the eye; the eye that see everything, the inside and the outside; every layer of oneself. I honestly find the back very intriguing as well interesting cause there is not much to hide here. It will reveal your secrets or things that you been pushing behind that you tend to avoid.

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&h...nw=80&start=0&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0,i:91

merissa_88

How did you find the "as above" deck?

I loved it. It's unusual without being difficult to understand. Easy to read with. I liked the book as well.

merissa_88

Cary-Yale Visconti Backs

The US Games version has these plain beige backs. They look yellow here.

I tried for a few days to find out what the original backs looked like. Some of the other early decks had solid color backs.

I feel the beige is a double message. This deck was meant to do a plain job (gambling). It wasn't developed as a spiritual tool. It was created during a time when people thought a lot about virtues and vices. They sometimes felt life happened to people. Yet they created this wonderful game that became the tarot. So the beige is like the roots of that beginning. And it is an interesting contrast to the spectacular faces of the cards.

Kathy123

Book of shadows - as below

Aeric, I just want you to know that I am finishing up on my week one today. I am loving it! The exercises are great and I am learning lots! I will post my results on Monday because I haven't figured out how to post my photos from my iPad to this forum yet, but I know how to do it from my work computer :). LOVE THIS WEEK!!

Mi-Shell

My ezercises of Week 1 Tarocchi Celtici

A - Find three people or animals throughout your week who you think resemble the characters or images on these cards.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Card 1 XVIII
Borvo = Manannan

In front of my living room window is the primordial pond of creation. Everything comes into Beinghood there:
Frogs and Turtles, Dragonflies and Water Lillies. Beavers and Otters, Moose and Herons, to name just a few of the daily guests.
In Trance journeys I dive into it to visit the Spirits of the Lower Realms in order to ask their advice concerning my patients and at times – my own affairs. I always get a detailed answer.
Mananan Mac Llier is the Spirit Guide on one of my Students – I could write pages here..... About him helping me with her and what happened next – for her.... ;)
Aside from this is my husband's recent hobby of photographing and identifying Dragonflies. For hours he broods over very detailed guide books and compares them with the subjects on his pictures. When finaly he has come to a conclusion, I get to benefit from this labor: I get introduced to the Dragonfly , learn its scientific name and how to recognize it and hold it apart from it countless cousins.

Attachments

• Manannan.jpg
    Manannan.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Moose in front of window May 2013.jpg
    Moose in front of window May 2013.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Frosted Whitefaced Skimmer.jpg
    Frosted Whitefaced Skimmer.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_7172.jpg
    DSC_7172.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_6444.jpg
    DSC_6444.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 31

Mi-Shell

Exercise card 2

XXI Artio = The Goddess Artos = the Bear Goddess of ancient Europe

OK, This is NOT a good painting of a Bear!!!!
But I will let this slide.
Bears LOOOOOVE Apples and I in Fall we put some out for our Bear.
Old ones, bruised and not good enough to be sold on the Farmers' Market.
This time of year the Bear wrecked or Bird feeders – twice in the last week and yesterday morning she bit a hole into the Hummingbird feeder, which we forgot to take down last night. :(
Today???
Well, today I have to clean the glass from the livingroom sliding door that leads to the upper deck of our log home. She was up on the deck – again :bugeyed:
She smeeeeeared her HUUUUGE sandy paws all over the door and it now is a mess!
Thank you my dear!
“No Apples for you! They are not ripe yet1 Come back 2 months from now....
And clean up your paws, before you get up here!”

Attachments

• Artos  XXI.jpg
    Artos XXI.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 37
  • one of our Bears.jpg
    one of our Bears.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 31
  • thief.jpg
    thief.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 35
  • messy window GRRRRHCH8zzGrr.jpg