Cat's Eye Tarot

catdoc

link to view all of the card images...

http://www.catdocmaine.com/NewStyle/CatsEyeTarot/TarotCats_stucco.html

This link will take you to the Cat's Eye Tarot pages on my website. (The random image script for the "virtual tarot reading" on the home page is a simple script that I wrote, the image rollover script showing the majors and 4 suits was borrowed with permission from Ciro Marchetti and his Gilded Tarot website pages.)

I have been scanning and printing each card as I finish it so I now have a complete deck printed on Avery postcard inkjet paper. (A laborious process especially since my printer baulks at feeding the heavier paper. It would take forever to print out all 78 cards at a time.)

Anyway - I did my first reading with the complete deck, asking what it would like to tell me. I will post a link to a page showing the result shortly.
Deb

catdoc

Your Readings - forum...

I have been so focused on deck creation that I have not spent much time exploring the other forums on Aeclectic Tarot. I just went and looked at the Your Readings forum. I will post my first reading there as well.

Thank you ModerndayRuth - I think the cards look great in the spread, but I have to admit to a bit of bias in that regard ;-)

Since no one actually has the Cat's Eye Tarot deck will it be OK to put the link to the reading images on the page as I did here? I will need to write up the reading in text form with my interpretations before I can post in the YR forum.
Deb

Alta

Yes, you can link to the image, though it would be helpful if you also added it in text form.

I had a look at your reading but was unsure of the question or area. Was it a general reading?

btw I LOVE the look of the cards spread out.

Alta

WolfyJames

I'm really happy to see this deck finally finished. Any plan to publish it at some point so cat lovers like me could put their paws on it too?

catdoc

the question...

Alta said:
I had a look at your reading but was unsure of the question or area. Was it a general reading?
Alta

Back in the day when I was active in a couple of tarot communities - Tarot for Beginners and Tarot for Life on MSN - a fellow tarot deck collector (it may have been Greyhound - my memory leaves something to be desired) said she always does a reading with a new deck in which she just asks what the deck would like to tell her. So that is what I did. However, I suspect that the underlying question was actually "so what now?". After 9 years of painting, it is odd to have all of the cards done.

I will definitely write up the reading for the YR forum. I like the way the cards look in a spread, but I also find that the images work for me. At a glance it is easy for me to see that this reading is full of emotion and some interesting juxtapositions.
Deb

aja

I am SO happy for you that you've completed this beautiful deck! And yes, the cards look great in the spread (although not enough time right now to really look at it as a reading)

here's hoping that it can indeed be printed so that lots of others can enjoy it too!

Mojo Twin 2

Law of Attraction everyone - this deck WILL be published and it WILL be very well done. This is too beautiful not to be published. It's the only cat deck I know of where the kitties aren't dressed up like people (not to knock BBC).

Amazing job.

Morwenna

This deck has been on my wish list ever since I first saw the scans about two years ago! Hurray for it being finished!

Now to see it published...