Do you always carry a deck with you?

firecatpickles

Does a smart phone app count?

Probably not, but I do keep a Lenormand in my truck.

DaughterOfDanu

Always. And sometimes I get fussy being indecisive about which one to take :p Sometimes I take more than one, typically an oracle and a tarot. I also have one in a compartment in my car.

Lately the Tarot of Trees and Soul Trees Oracle have been my traveling companions.Prior to that it was the Wild Unknown who came with me on many adventures.

I like having cards with me as I often spend a little time waiting before I have an appointment or on a break. So I can play around with them while I wait.

3ill.yazi

Yes, always. Usually a TdM and a lenormand. Sometimes with mini RWS and Thoth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calcifer

Absolutely. I have a Rider in a tin dedicated to living in my Jeep. In addition, I have a small pack I sometimes keep with me that has a Centennial Rider and a Wild Unknown that I'll carry if I know I'll be spending time away from home.
Michael

decan

Yes and no. Well, if I just go out for a while or even during the whole day, I don't take a deck with me.
But if I am away on a trip for more than 1 day I take a deck in my suitcase, like my toothbrush & toothpaste :)

Achlys

for those of you who bring a deck with you, do you find people asking you for readings while you're out and about?
sometimes i think people can sense i have them with me because they always ask for readings if i'm out with my deck.

Espeon

No, not on errands and whatnot. I live in a conservative little town in the rural South. It wouldn't go well to pull out a card for myself most places here. I *do* take a deck with me on vacations, though.
I'm in the South too and have to be careful about Tarot in public. I keep a small deck in my purse at all times, but only use it when I'm in the car (as a passenger), never at a restaurant or anything.

I used to bring my cards with my to high school, many years ago. People would literally form a line in front of me for readings. 😅 I went to high school in the middle of the woods up north tho.

Gwynydd

I haven't been doing tarot or oracle cards for long, probably less than a year :) I don't carry a deck with me everywhere, usually because I wouldn't have time to stop to use them on outings during the day, anyway. But, when I go away from home overnight, I do like to take something small. I think tinned decks are best for this!