Bible-Belt newbie creates own deck...

rl4ever

I’m a beginning reader, and it seemed to me that the best way to learn the cards would be to put my Adobe PS addiction to good use and make my own deck. They’re a bit “cutesy” compared to some of the beautiful decks I’ve seen here, but I just used what I had, and I’m having fun with them. They’re formatted to be printable on good ol’ Avery index card stock at the local office store; I’m poor, but not cheap! The borders are fade-outs, because being limited to the production methods I am, they never come out perfectly centered. I have a nice monogram for the backs that will print nicely in black and white, thus making the printing a little more affordable; it’s not posted yet, but it should be by the weekend. A scrapbook corner punch and a can of sealer and I’m there! I’ve got almost half of them done so far. Just want to share the fun, and see what y’all think of the newbie’s first effort!

View them at: http://geocities.com/real_lady4ever

Sheri

Great deck! I particularly like your Temperance and Devil cards! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No one would ever guess that you are a beginner!

valeria :)

Unknownspirit

I like the lay out of the cards.

DraagonStorm

rl4ever,

Your GeoCities site has exceded the limit for views :( I really wanted to see your deck. Don't think that people will not want a copy! I started my SpiroTarot deck (http://www.draagonstorm.com, 'just for myself' as a learning tool, and now I'm self-publishing!

Looking forward to being able to view your deck

BB
DraagonStorm

rl4ever

Oops! Sorry about that! I’m going to solve that problem this weekend; my little Tarot site is going to move into the Big House, as a separate set of pages within my main site. I’ll set the current address up to redirect, and also post the new direct address here as soon as it’s set up. My main site does not have such tight limits, so viewing it shouldn’t be a problem. I also have several new cards to add!

As to publishing, I wouldn’t have a clue how to begin. However, if folks really want copies, this will not be a permanent condition. Any advice as to how it’s done would be appreciated!

BTW, I love your cards, DragonStorm! I had a spirograph as a kid, too…

Thanks for your interest, and please try again!

lunakasha

This is an interesting deck so far.....and I agree with others commenting that no one would guess you are a newbie to Tarot! :D

My favorites include Temperance, 8 of Cups and all the Aces.

Welcome to Aeclectic....I look forward to seeing more of your work!

:) Luna

rl4ever

I’ve moved my Tarot page. You can still get there from the old one (it’s linked), but here is the new direct address: http://www.real-lady4ever.com/Tarot/Home.html

I have several new cards posted; adding more all the time. Since I’m a beginning reader, I’d love more feedback on whether my cards reflect the proper meanings; and also if they are too busy, too difficult to read. Is the lettering clear enough? What do y’all think?

Thanks; CJ