Answer Deck: Judgement

Cynthia

This card shows a road, stretching into the distance, with dark mountains looming in the background. The road forks into two different directions before reaching the mountains.

When I see this card, I think of being asked or advised to exercise judgment, to make a choice: one part of the road or the other. Listen to your inner voice, and exercise, hopefully, good judgment. I suppose there is even the choice to leave the road and head into the dark mountains, but maybe that is poor judgment.

Anyone else see it this way? :)

And, for what it's worth, I love this little deck!

Cynthia

Alissa

What I like best about this deck's version of this obviously Tarot-like concept is the way it turns things around.

The Judgement card often brings about, to me, the feeling of being judged. This connotes a level of criticism, and for me, expectations of perfection with no room for error.

This card gives the Judgement back to us instead. WE are the ones making the Judgement. Our choices will dictate what comes next. It is not passive, but active.

Lastly, the path forking to the left is winding, and the one to the right steady and straight. I can appreciate the symbolism of the two roads and how they might be intuitively interpreted while reading, giving shades of meaning...

..."I'm drawn to the curvy side of the pass. I'm thinking you will likely choose the path that is more difficult, but utlimately possibly more rewarding, rather than the way that seems straight-forward and easier to navigate...")

Cynthia

Alissa said:
What I like best about this deck's version of this obviously Tarot-like concept is the way it turns things around.

This card gives the Judgement back to us instead. WE are the ones making the Judgement. Our choices will dictate what comes next. It is not passive, but active.

Oh, Alissa, I like this! That's exactly what I was trying to get at. That it refers to our own choices.

Lastly, the path forking to the left is winding, and the one to the right steady and straight. I can appreciate the symbolism of the two roads and how they might be intuitively interpreted while reading, giving shades of meaning...

I must say, I hadn't noticed or paid attention to what the roads were doing, but now I'm going to go back and look.

Cynthia