symbolon deck

Kaz

this deck sounds even more interesting after these posts.

kaz

aeonx

stevepolsz: oh well, another one to buy. :D I have to quit reading the Decks-section on Aeclectic, or else I'm gonna end up with all tarot decks and no food! And you've even started posting deck-suggestions here!! :p

~aeonx~

merri

aaarrrggghhh!!! I can't wait to get this deck! ..ok so patience is NOT my strong point!

..Steve, could you please tell me what is the title of the card combination made by Gemini/the mediator & Pisces/the angel? I'm Gemini and pisces is my ascendant on my birth chart. Also, If I had to choose 2 of the tarot court cards to sum up the dominant aspects of my personality ..I'd definitely say the Queen of swords & Queen of cups in about equal measure, (although there's definitely a page or two knocking about somewhere ..probably my underdeveloped male/pragmatic side! :D).

How about the two signs (sun & ascendant) in your birth chart ..do they have a strong relation to the corresponding archetypes shown on these cards? How about the combination card ..do you relate to it?

merri :)

Ravenswing

silence

merri--

the card is entitled "Silence".

Theme summary: invisibility, speechlessness, "Silence is Golden", keeping a secret

the image is of a male/female pair hand-in-hand dressed in yellow-golden greek/roman toga. they face out of the card,male to the left, with eyes closed. behind them and centered is an angel--larger then them. pastel purple robe, golden wings and a circle rainbow around its head. it is wearing a gold band with a red oval stone set on its forehead. the angel's eyes are also closed, and it is silencing its lips with the right hand (left arm is behind the female. all done very pastel.

this is one of the 10 (i think it's 10) cards that have a 'lover' type theme-- male/female relationships.

somehow reminds me (yes, they say the cards are to bring up memories :) ) of initiation into some mysteries or another.

i'll have to look into my own a bit later. i don't have it at my fingertips. thanks for the suggestions. i'm not too well versed in astrology-- but it's about to happen.

LVX
steve

Lee

Click here to read an older post about this deck with some differing viewpoints...

-- Lee :)

Ravenswing

caring...

merri--

got time to dig out some astrological data on me. i'm a cancer w/virgo rising. the archetypes would be the Mother and the Severitor. the card for this is entitled 'caring'

theme summary: sympathy; watching over someone; caring; grief; helper syndrome.

image: a woman leaning over a crib, with a wistful half-smile.
the child in the crib is seen in profile, eye closed, a tear on his/her cheek. Behind them is a three-arch window. on the window sill (shelf sized) is, from left to right, a lit oil lamp, two small balls, a warrior doll sitting next to horse doll (too small for the warrior to ride) and agreek-style(?) house facade. outside the window are a few stars and the full moon, slightly obscured by clouds.

well, i have recently found what i consider to be my vocation-- i'm an activities assistant in an adult day care center for people with demensia and altzhiemer's.

pretty good, yes??

do you have any other suggestions for study. i don't know that there is a viable (to me) one-to-one corrospondence between this and tarot. but i'm considering it.

LVX
steve

merri

The imagery on the card you described for me sounds beautiful. As for "silence" as the title, well that strikes a chord with me, ..I'm tempted to say in how many ways, lol ..but I'll take a hint from the card and not go into waffle mode here. I do find though that the more centred I am in myself ..the less i need to say, and the less likely I am to talk myself round in circles with my frustration at not being able to get someone to understand what I'm talking about or meaning. Going back to your insight on this card, and applying it in this context ..I guess there are certain things that can only be understood through experience acting as a kind of key / initiation into understanding ..sometimes words just can't cut it!

I'm not well versed in astrology either, other than the basics, but I have an astrology program that does all the work for you, (creating the birth chart & mapping aspects etc. and also gives charts of all the astrological symbols and their correspondences for easy reference and understanding). I thought it'd be great to use the symbolon cards in conjunction with the birth chart, (as an easy visual guide) to get more insight into what influences are at play where. Although having not actually seen the cards or read the booklet yet, this idea is a bit abstract ..but worth looking into. If you'd like me to print out your personal birth chart and send it with the tarot deck, just say the word ..I'd be happy to do it!

I think I've seen the image of the "caring" card, it sounds like one that's on the aeclectic deck reviews. It's lovely! ..and it does seem to go pretty well with your vocation, ..serving your fellow mankind in a caring capacity. (congratulations on finding your path by the way!) :)
..It'll be interesting to see the combination cards applied to birth/ascendant signs of friends etc. and see if they relate strongly to the card's meaning. (although I don't know if this could be applied to everyone ..I have a friend whose birth sign and ascendant are the same!?).

Thanks Steve! ..I'm looking forward to us sharing more ideas once I have my cards ..I just hope they'll want to work with me! ..I have too many lazy decks already! ;)

merri

Ravenswing

merri--

the booklet (definitely a BIG white booklet) goes into corrosponding cards to astrological aspects. something we can delve into together. i'm not going to go much into anything 'til you have a deck there in front of you-- too much of a tease i would think. at least i would feel that way.

i don't think you'll find this a lazy deck; in fact, i believe the opposite-- you might have to run to catch up to it. this is the first deck of any sort that i've owned that i know will have me keeping a journal !!!!!!!!

i think that in a case like your friend with the double-- i would use the appropriate archetype. the Warrior if an ares sun/rising etc.

LVX
steve

catlin

There is also a book available to go with the Symbolon deck but I do not know if it was ever translated in English.

Ravenswing

symbolon book

catlin--

i think the lwb mentions two books, and i believe they're both in german. might do you some good. :)

i'm considering opening a thread in general study once merri has gotten her deck. we have already found some interesting qualities of the deck, and i think we will find many more. especially if we are joined by some others with this deck.

interested??

LVX
steve